Our Names for Baby Girl (again, we know)

[name]Altalune[/name] is my suggestion, though this may be too tied to [name]Uma[/name] [name]Thurman[/name] since she just used it for her baby. But I do think it is so lovely. NB says it roughly translates to “over the moon” which is beautiful.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Rhapsody[/name]
[name]Cypress[/name]
[name]Mandolin[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Starling[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Temperance[/name]
[name]Muse[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
Chamomile
Citrine
Memory
Owl - maybe a middle
Remedy
[name]Quest[/name]
Solstice
Thistle
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
Lightning

I always enjoy reading your lists. My favorite from the ones your list is Hespera. I also like [name]Ophelia[/name], Cyrene, and Belphoebe (this one is growing on me :slight_smile: ).

I’ll try not to suggest any names already mentioned…

Nimiane
Nimue
Lausanne “LOH-zahn”
[name]Thalassa[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name] or [name]Delfina[/name] or [name]Delphia[/name] - this name makes me think of green/blue water and dolphins.
[name]Nerina[/name]
[name]Genoveva[/name]
[name]Pelagia[/name] - a form of [name]Pelagius[/name] meaning “the sea”
[name]Delora[/name]
[name]Morwenna[/name]
[name]Eirene[/name]
Coventina - [name]Romano[/name]-British goddess of wells and springs
Cotovatre - The name of a lake in Arthurian [name]Legend[/name].
Peirene
Avonmora
[name]Morgaine[/name] or [name]Morgana[/name]
Nyneve

[name]Thalia[/name] was also the name of one of the Charites, so it’s strongly tied to nature. But I consider it a spring name, not wintery.

[name]Even[/name] though you said it clashes with your last name, have you considered using Everild anyways since you both love it and are having trouble finding something else you both love? Maybe your love for it can override the clash!

[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
Fairlight
[name]Merida[/name]
[name]Pella[/name]
[name]Ceridwen[/name]*** (celtic goddess of poetry)
[name]Eowyn[/name]/[name]Elowen[/name]
[name]Shire[/name]*** (maybe for a middle)
[name]Wynn[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Callie[/name] (means beautiful)
[name]Caoimhe[/name]
Fionnualla/[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Severine[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Merrily[/name]
[name]Nessa[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
Honeysuckle
[name]Alienor[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Isa[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] (means gift of [name]Isis[/name])
[name]Mavis[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fauna[/name]
Nynaveve
Egween
[name]Felicity[/name]

So many good ones already mentioned, my first thoughts were [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Aspen[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Pheonix[/name], [name]Camellia[/name], [name]Athalia[/name]…sorry for repeats!

Evelake is originally a Welsh king, spelt Afallach, but the anglicization is so much more lovely. He was a very minor legendary character, who had something to do with [name]Joseph[/name] of Arimethea bringing the Holy Grail to [name]Britain[/name]. So the pronunciation isn’t “[name]Eve[/name]-lake” but rather ev-ah-lake. (Strictly, it would be ah-vah-chluk, with the Welsh dribbly double-l, but I think ev-ah-lake is much better).

[name]Lyra[/name]
(a constellation name taken from the lyre of [name]Orpheus[/name]. It contains the star [name]Vega[/name] and could make a melodic choice for a parent interested in music, astronomy, or mythology.")

I honestly thought about it because you said “wintery” and “[name]Orpheus[/name]” and someone else mentioned “[name]Aurora[/name] Borealis” it all made me think of [name]Lyra[/name] from The [name]Golden[/name] Compass. :slight_smile:

Woah, you guys rock my socks off! Thank you so so so much, lots of names have been added to our list!

tk: We love Elbereth, Nienna, Valinor, Tigraine and [name]Rhiannon[/name]!

sugarfoot: Vespertine is beautiful, it’s been suggested before, but it’s definitely on our list now. It really gets more beautiful everytime I see it.

sleepyshassha: Ooooh, that list is like a really really great goodie-bag! We added 30 of them to our list, do good job! I absolutely adore Myristica, Tinkersnow, Aventurine, Stellaluna… the list goes on and on! Thank you!!

malk: Lumikko! So cute! and Eirawen is gorgeous, and Eirlys too.

emmabobemma: Nightingale is so amazing! and Kestrel too. Verdigris is super pretty, but gris means pig in norwegian…

entangler: [name]Altalune[/name] is stunning. (I don’t really care that [name]Uma[/name] used it for one of her how many names, I doubt a lot of people will remember anyway.) I also love [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Starling[/name], [name]Temperance[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name].

christabel:Lausanne, Avonmora, [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Morwenna[/name] are amazing!

bunny: yeah, Everild is still in the running. Her name will sound kind of like a superhero though…

lovelywren: Fairlight is on our middle list, maybe we’ll move it. [name]Ceridwen[/name], Fionnualla, [name]Merrily[/name] and [name]Nessa[/name] are all beautiful! [name]Eowyn[/name] is stunning, and I love the character, but maybe a little obviously LOTR? I don’t know…

lindseymae: I love [name]Phoenix[/name]! So cool.

maggielee: [name]Lyra[/name] is gorgeous, I’ll add it to the list.

Nienna has been a very, very long time love of mine!

Nienna is gorgeous! Like it very much.

[name]Just[/name] bumping, in case anyone else has anything to say, if not I’m closing it tomorrow! I think we’ve made a top 15 with lots of your amazing suggestions! But if you have any super awesomeness lying around…

Thanks again!

Ok, I need to push for a name I saw on someones list up there. I fell head over heels for it. Windermere! [name]How[/name] stunning! pn. [name]Win[/name]-dur-mear. Maybe nn [name]Winnie[/name]?

I can’t believe I have never thought of this name before, probably because I have been around the name so much that I never thought of it as a name. Take a look at this beautiful resort of the same name in Muskoka, [name]Canada[/name].

With that said, how about the name Muskoka?

Or what about [name]Pandora[/name], [name]Mazarine[/name], Nazarene, [name]Appoline[/name], [name]Quincy[/name], Delphinium, [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Artemesia[/name], Dianthus, [name]Columbine[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], Mirabilis, [name]Lotus[/name], [name]Alberta[/name], Manitoulin, [name]Alba[/name] (i lead you to read this blog http://www.theroadishome.com/, whose daughters name is [name]Alba[/name] [name]Joy[/name] Firebrace), [name]Neve[/name]

Any takers?

Thank you! Lots of nice suggestions, some we’ve already eliminated ([name]Pandora[/name], [name]Mazarine[/name], [name]Appoline[/name]) and some I never thought of: [name]Lotus[/name] and [name]Hyacinth[/name]. Delphinium and Manitoulin are pretty cute! And I do love [name]Alba[/name], but my sister has already called dibs on that name. [name]Niamh[/name]/[name]Neve[/name] is on our maybe list. And, yes, Windemere is fantastic!!!Again, thank you!

Can’t wait to see the new top 15!!!

Well, at the moment it’s a top 33, you guys had too many great suggestions! I think I’ll post it in a new thread a little bit later, to avoid confusion…

[name]Zephyrine[/name], [name]Zephyra[/name], [name]Indira[/name], [name]Larkin[/name]

[name]Love[/name] Belpheobe!!
Possibly:
[name]Thisbe[/name]
Nepenthe
[name]Nephele[/name]

Thank goodness your willing to try such wonderful unused names!

Thank you, niamhethna! I do like [name]Nephele[/name] and [name]Thisbe[/name], but my boyfriend not so much… Thanks though, you’re sweet!

[name]Just[/name] closing!

Thank you all so much for your help, and your amazing suggestions!

[name]Just[/name] closing!

Thank you all so much for your help, and your amazing suggestions!