Our new favourites - what do you think?

Hello,

After much discussion, these are our favourite names. Please will you give us your opinions?

Girls:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (with any nn that is not [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name] - strongly influenced by myself and hubby)

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]

[name]Georgiana[/name] ([name]George[/name] - ay - na) [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name])

Boys:

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (Would always go by [name]Toby[/name])

[name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]

What do you think?

Nice names! More specifically…

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: classically beautiful, especially without those nicknames. What nicknames were you thinking of, out of curiosity? Anyway, this is always a great name! I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]: I love [name]Clara[/name], but I’m not a big fan of [name]Rosalyn[/name]…that’s probably just because there is a town near us called [name]Roslyn[/name] and I automatically associate it with that. But I think these names go well together and look/sound very pretty.

[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]: I love this a lot, but I’ve actually never heard [name]Georgiana[/name] pronounced that way. I guess I thought it was more like “[name]George[/name]-ee-anna” which I think is really pretty. Either way, though, this is another great name. I love [name]Evelyn[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name]: hmm. I like this, but my dog’s name is [name]Toby[/name] (as are two of my friends’ dogs, lol) so that’s kind of what I associate it with now. I love the name [name]Victor[/name], though. But I can’t picture a grown man named [name]Toby[/name]…do you think eventually he’d be called [name]Tobias[/name]?

[name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]: great name! I love [name]Alexander[/name] but it’s so popular, so I think as a middle name it’s perfect. I have to admit I like [name]George[/name] a lot too.

I think all of these names are great, and sound nice with your last name.

Thanks for your thoughts xxx

Are you in the US? It seems that a lot of people in the US name their dogs [name]Toby[/name]. I haven’t ever met a dog named [name]Toby[/name] so it doesn’t deter me.

I would plan to always call him [name]Toby[/name], like my mother still calls my brother [name]Jamie[/name] instead of [name]James[/name], however I expect that he would refer to himself as [name]Tobias[/name] - that’s the beauty of it - he could choose :slight_smile:

I would not mind if people pronounced [name]Georgiana[/name] differently, I’d just stick to my pronunciation.

As far as nns for [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I really love the full name and would call her this most of the time, but may call her [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lilibet[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Betsy[/name] - I’d most likely alternate but may end up sticking on whichever one she prefers or whichever one suits her the most.

Thanks again xxx

Any more opinions would be great.

Girls:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - I think that this name is very beautiful and will age well, some nns for [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Beth[/name] - my favourite nn, [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Bessie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Lily[/name] ( this was my grandmother nn for the name [name]Elizabeth[/name]), [name]Libby[/name], [name]Betty[/name]. You might even consider [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name] for [name]Charlotte[/name]?

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - If you don’t want a name that is too popular I would choose this name, it is beautiful!

[name]Georgiana[/name] ([name]George[/name] - ay - na) [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name]) - I am personally not a fan of this name, I prefer [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name].

Boys:

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (Would always go by [name]Toby[/name]) - I think that this is a nice name but I prefer [name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

[name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - I really like this name you could also use the nn [name]Georgie[/name] while he is younger.

Thank you Jayjoh and [name]Michaela[/name] xxx

Any more thoughts nameberries? Which is everyone’s favourite?

Oh forgot to mention my favourites they are;

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] and [name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]

My favorites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name]. :o)

GIRLS

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (with any nn that is not [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name] - strongly influenced by myself and hubby) - I think this is lovely! [name]Both[/name] names are so elegant, timeless, and classic, so you can’t really go wrong with it! :slight_smile: I love most of the nicknames, too. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] are also nice…

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - I love [name]Clara[/name] and the [name]Rose[/name]- names, but [name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] is a bit R heavy for me (cla[name]Ra[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name]), but maybe that’s just me. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] are also lovely…

[name]Georgiana[/name] ([name]George[/name] - ay - na) [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name]) - [name]Georgiana[/name] is lovely, and I pronounce it like you do, though I know that many others use george-ee-AWN-uh or george-ee-[name]ANN[/name]-uh, so there might be some pronunciation issues with this one. I don’t think it’s such a big deal, though, if you just correct them. Pretty name, though! [name]Evelyn[/name] is also nice… You may also like [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] or [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]. [name]Georgie[/name] isn’t my favorite nickname, but there’s nothing wrong with it…

BOYS

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (Would always go by [name]Toby[/name]) - [name]Tobias[/name] is very nice, as is [name]Victor[/name], and this combo flows well. I think that it’s great that he would have the option of [name]Toby[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name], too…

[name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - Very handsome, and, like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], it’s timeless and will definitely age well.

You have a great list! I don’t have a particular favorite first name - they’re all great - but I think that the combos with the best flow are [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - [name]Elizabeth[/name] is such a wonderful classic. This name exudes sophistication. My favorite nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name] is [name]Libby[/name], but I also am I big fan of the [name]Elisabeth[/name] spelling, which lends to the nickname [name]Elsie[/name], which is probably my favorite nickname ever.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - I love [name]Clara[/name]. It’s sweet and sophisticated. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Rosalyn[/name] is a little bit “R” heavy, but it’s not terrible. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] would be great, or something like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] would be pretty as well.

[name]Georgiana[/name] ([name]George[/name] - ay - na) [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (nn [name]Georgie[/name]) - I adore [name]Georgiana[/name], especially spelled this way. This is my favorite on your list- it’s feminine, it has great nicknames ([name]Georgie[/name], [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Jay[/name], [name]Janie[/name], etc), and it sounds lovely with [name]Evelyn[/name].

[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] (Would always go by [name]Toby[/name]) - [name]Tobias[/name] is such an amazing name! Fun, sweet, boyish but still strong and handsome. [name]Toby[/name] is a great nickname (I don’t know any dogs named [name]Toby[/name]!), and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name] has great flow.

[name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] - Choosing this name would rule out [name]Georgiana[/name], so keep that in mind. I like [name]George[/name] a lot, but I guess it feels a little lackluster to me, whereas [name]Tobias[/name] is full of energy and spunkiness.

My favorite are [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Victor[/name]. They would make an amazing sibset as well!