Our pets have better names than the humans

It’s funny but I think the pets in our family have cuter names than the people. My family’s names are all in the top 10 or 20 for their respective birth year. We all have nice normal classic or typical trendy names. Nothing wrong with our names but the pets get all the cute spunky names. My mom commented that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] sounded like a dogs name. I know grrrrr! But that got me thinking and now I have to laugh when someone mentions a name sounds like a dogs name because hey I love dogs names.

Our family dogs have included: [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_u]Kirby[/name_u], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Trudy[/name_f], [name_f]Star[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_u]Shelby[/name_u], [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]

When my daughter was 3 years old, we had a white Persian cat. She was watching a [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] movie when she heard [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] call her white cat [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. So she named our kitten [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. Here on NameBerry many people love this name but to me it will forever sound like a cat name. However, I wish my parents had named me [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Rea[/name_f] [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]. I’ve met a woman whose dog’s name was [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]. You’re right, it sounds funny some times :slight_smile:

Lol I’ve thought the same thing! My cats are [name_f]Stella[/name_f] & [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], and I hate to say it, but I kind of like the cats’ names more than my son’s! Of course, I got to choose their names myself, whereas there was a lot of compromise involved in naming my son.

Other extended family pets: [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_f]Willow[/name_f]…

I think a lot of people give their pets names they wish they could give their children but don’t because of compromises, worries that it’s too unususl or other things.

Our goldendoodle is Rhubarb! Fits her perfectly but not as suitable for a little girl :slight_smile:

Roscoe will forever feel like a pets name to me, as it was the name of my Papillon growing up. A similar thing occurs when I hear Wolfgang (yet not as strong), as it was the name of my sisters Husky.

As a child, the names I gave my pets were all descriptive and totally uninspired as I’d call them something based on what they looked/sounded like when I first saw them, and my parents would jump on that as their name – Stripey, Kitty, Wow (as in the sound a cat makes), Patch, Brownie, Snowy… I haven’t had a new pet in 14 years as I still have two old dogs (and a cat – Emilie, originally spelled Em-a-lee back in my hyphens are cool stage – that passed away at 16 years old earlier this year) – I’m sure I’d name them much better nowadays.