Our short list! Help!

[name]Baby[/name] due in about 4 weeks. We are southern so keep that in mind(lots,of last names used as first name here) his middle name will be [name]David[/name]. Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with W and ends in Y. Siblings names are [name]William[/name] [name]Warren[/name] “[name]Will[/name]” and [name]Elle[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] ([name]Elle[/name] pronounced like [name]Elle[/name] [name]McPherson[/name])

[name]Wright[/name](my favorite)
[name]Rex[/name](DH favorite)
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]

Let me know your opinions!
Thanks!

[name]Andrew[/name] if nn [name]Drew[/name], [name]Will[/name], [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] would be super cute. If not, I kind of like [name]Rex[/name]. [name]Will[/name], [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] sounds nice. Good luck!

I like them all, don’t really think you can go wrong. Having a [name]William[/name] and a [name]Wright[/name] could get confusing around the house, but that may not be an issue for you. I like [name]Barrett[/name] [name]David[/name] its different and flows well; that would probably be my choice. Best of luck!

[name]Wright[/name]- kinda cool, but he might always be “right” about everything… So not my favorite on your list.
[name]Rex[/name]- I think T [name]Rex[/name]. Very masculine, but not sure [name]David[/name] sounds that great with it. [name]Rex[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds kind of choppy.
[name]Andrew[/name]- love this with your other two kids! Maybe nn [name]Drew[/name]?
[name]Lincoln[/name]- again, cool… But might like better as a mn. Not crazy about [name]Linc[/name] as a nn.
[name]Barrett[/name]- I like this one, too. [name]Bear[/name] is a cute nn.

both [name]Will[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] are sleek, formal, no-nonsense, 1-syllable names.

[name]Andrew[/name] & [name]William[/name] are the closest match in terms of being timeless, popular, classic boys’ names.

[name]Wright[/name] has the formal monosyllabic thing going on, but I do worry about the ‘right’ homonym.

[name]Rex[/name] is fun-- any little boy, once he starts leaning about dinosaurs, will think this is the coolest name around, especially once he learns it means ‘king.’ However, I think it’s too dramatic, too dashing, and makes [name]Will[/name]'s name in particular look bland. It could lead to jealousy between the brothers.

[name]Lincoln[/name] & [name]Barrett[/name] are similar; both are formal surnames that wear well into adulthood, and both have zippy 1-syllable nicknames. However, [name]Will[/name] & [name]Elle[/name] share a prominent ‘L’ sound, which [name]Lincoln[/name] also has (2 Ls, like the siblings). [name]Barrett[/name] sounds a bit heavier and mouthier next to them.

For those reasons, my vote would be for [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]David[/name], nn [name]Link[/name]. Good luck and congratulations!

I agree.
Also, I like how the w at the end of [name]Andrew[/name] balances the W in [name]William[/name]. My second choice would be [name]Lincoln[/name] or [name]Barrett[/name].

I’d stay away from [name]Wright[/name] because it starts with a W. [name]William[/name] W—y , [name]Wright[/name] W—y just seems too much. Also if you had a third son would he get a W name too? I think [name]Rex[/name] is a little short to be paired against [name]William[/name].

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]David[/name] is my first choice (I love the nn [name]Drew[/name])!

[name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Lincoln[/name].
[name]Lincoln[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds better than [name]Andrew[/name] [name]David[/name]

I like all of them except for [name]Wright[/name]. [name]Wright[/name] is just too much of a word name for me. Can you imagine all his life he will be hearing “[name]Wright[/name] turn right!”, “[name]Wright[/name] you’re right.”, “Write your name [name]Wright[/name]! No, not like that, write it right, [name]Wright[/name]!” Sigh, it would drive me crazy.

I really like [name]Barrett[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name]! [name]Barrett[/name] has an interesting meaning behind it. [name]Lincoln[/name] has a great history and great a nickname with [name]Link[/name].

[name]William[/name], [name]Elle[/name] & [name]Lincoln[/name] would be my favourite, and [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds pretty handsome.

I know this thread is old but I had to comment; my son and daughter are [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] :slight_smile: