Our surprise is on the way - We need help!

Due in two weeks! What do you think of our top choices? Our last name is long and Italian.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]Violet[/name] is after my grandmother, but I fear its popularity and trendiness. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Vi[/name].

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Same fears here. I don’t really like the nickname potential as much here. (Scar?)

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Not sure what nickname I would use here (Most likely [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name]). [name]Marie[/name] is my middle and [name]Rose[/name], I know is sooo popular, but sounds so pretty. This name would be after Grandpa [name]Frank[/name].

Boys:

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - [name]Michael[/name] is husband’s name. I get mixed reactions to this name. Some people don’t think it sounds strong enough, which I don’t really get. [name]Do[/name] you like the nickname [name]Ollie[/name]?

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) - Family name. It just feel slightly boring for my usual taste.

[name]River[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - I get terrible reactions to what has been my favorite name for a long time. I probably won’t use it but I’ll put it here anyway.

Tomorrow this list might change again, but today this would be the list that makes it to the hospital. Your honest opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] really stand out for me! Great names!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. Not so much on [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name], personally…

My favorite boy name is [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name], followed by [name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. [name]River[/name] just isn’t doing it for me, and I’m really having a hard time imagining it paired with a long Italian last name. Sorry!

For a girl, I vote for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]! With a lengthy surname, you might want to steer away from long first names like [name]Francesca[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name] sounds nice to me - especally given that [name]Michael[/name] is a family name!

I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]! Yes, the rising popularity might be a problem but I prefer it over [name]Scarlett[/name] and though I love [name]Francesca[/name], I’m not as big a fan of [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name] for nicnames. If [name]Francesca[/name] was Cesca instead, I would love it!
I think [name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is wonderful! [name]Oliver[/name] is beautiful as well, so you can’t go wrong with either. [name]River[/name] is my least favorite because it feels trendy and is just not my style. Good luck :slight_smile:

[quote=“shay”]Due in two weeks! What do you think of our top choices? Our last name is long and Italian.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]Violet[/name] is after my grandmother, but I fear its popularity and trendiness. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Vi[/name].

• [name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Vi[/name] is so cute! [name]Love[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name].
    [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] appeals to my classic name side.
    [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is innovative and fun.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Same fears here. I don’t really like the nickname potential as much here. (Scar?)
Nn is [name]Lettie[/name]. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is pretty.

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - Not sure what nickname I would use here (Most likely [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name]). [name]Marie[/name] is my middle and [name]Rose[/name], I know is sooo popular, but sounds so pretty. This name would be after Grandpa [name]Frank[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is my favorite of all your name ideas. I love the nn [name]Francie[/name], but [name]Fran[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name] are fun, too. Also [name]Chessie[/name].

Boys:

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - [name]Michael[/name] is husband’s name. I get mixed reactions to this name. Some people don’t think it sounds strong enough, which I don’t really get. [name]Do[/name] you like the nickname [name]Ollie[/name]?

• Yes, I love [name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name]. [name]Michael[/name] is a very handsome middle name.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) - Family name. It just feel slightly boring for my usual taste.

• Sometimes a better word for boring is reservedly tasteful which is what [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] is . [name]Just[/name] love it, even more than [name]Oliver[/name] unless [name]Oliver[/name] goes better with your last name.

[name]River[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - I get terrible reactions to what has been my favorite name for a long time. I probably won’t use it but I’ll put it here anyway.

• I don’t like names such as [name]River[/name]. I would get so tired of that name. Sorry, don’t mean to offend you. I am just into classic and vintage names.

Tomorrow this list might change again, but today this would be the list that makes it to the hospital. Your honest opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

Someone here mentioned the nn of [name]Carly[/name] for both [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] maybe this well help you choose?

I think [name]Charles[/name] is a fine choice

I don’t have too much to say, but possible nicknames for [name]Scarlett[/name] are [name]Lettie[/name], [name]Ettie[/name] and [name]Etta[/name]. [name]Etta[/name] is my favourite!!

And I love [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name]!

Best of luck!

You could use [name]Viola[/name] as a more unusual alternative to [name]Violet[/name], I think both names are lovely.

And [name]Oliver[/name] sounds strong to me!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name]: I’ll vote for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], which I think is gorgeous! I can see the appeal of [name]Winter[/name], but [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] makes me think of a purple-colored winter. If you’re concerned about [name]Violet[/name]'s popularity, you may also like [name]Viola[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], or [name]Viviana[/name] as ways of reaching “[name]Vi[/name].”

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name]: I think this is very pretty, too, and [name]Lettie[/name] is my favorite [name]Scarlett[/name] nickname.

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - ): I love [name]Francesca[/name] so much, and I think that [name]Frankie[/name] is adorable!

I love [name]Violet[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Francesca[/name], so it’s really hard to vote for just one! With your last name, it sounds like the shorter [name]Violet[/name] of [name]Scarlett[/name] may be a better bet, but then again, I personally love long names, and I bet that [name]Francesca[/name] sounds great with your last name. (I knew an Italian [name]Francesca[/name] with a long last name, and I thought it was so elegant!)

So, of the shorter names, I’ll vote for [name]Violet[/name], but I have to vote for [name]Francesca[/name], too. :slight_smile:

Boys:

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]! I think that [name]Ollie[/name] is cute, but I’m not used to hearing it because the Olivers of whom I know all go by [name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]): I love [name]Charles[/name], but if it feels boring to you, that’s what matters.

[name]River[/name] [name]Michael[/name] : [name]River[/name] isn’t my style, but I can understand why you like it.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is my favorite. :slight_smile:

I really love your list!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is my pick…lovely!

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - very pretty. have you thought of [name]Lettie[/name] as a nn?

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - love both…but would pick [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. do you like the nn [name]France[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] all these names…so you cant go wrong…overall my favorites are [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. good luck (:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Vi[/name]!! I’m personally not a fan of the name [name]Violet[/name]. I would use [name]Vivienne[/name] and use the nn [name]Vi[/name], but from your choices I would pick [name]Violet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] if that was my name choice.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - meh

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - FAVOURITE*** [name]Love[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and nn [name]Frankie[/name]! [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rose[/name] does have a nice flow, but [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has deeper meaning so you may want to go with that.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - FAVOURITE*** I absolutely love the name [name]Oliver[/name]! Not the biggest fan of nn [name]Ollie[/name], but I could live with it cuz [name]Oliver[/name] is a great name.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Michael[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) - I do love [name]Charles[/name], one of my all time favourites and nn [name]Charlie[/name] is great, but it does sound a little boring.

[name]River[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - meh. Names alright but not a good flow in my opinion. And especially with an Italian last name.

Congrats…i am due any day now and my husband and I are still working through names.

I love the name [name]Violet[/name]. If you have a long last name, maybe you might want to go for a 1-sylable middle name. [name]Just[/name] a thought. As for boys, I would be using the name [name]Oliver[/name] if it wasn’t the name of our cat. I wish I was smarter 9 years ago when I named him! It is a great name.

Good luck to you and congrats!

how about [name]VIOLET[/name] [name]BRIAR[/name]