Our top 4 boys list

See the results of this poll: Vintage and handsome

Respondents: 28 (This poll is closed)

• Arthur : 10 (36%)
  • Benjamin : 6 (21%)
  • Grey : 5 (18%)
  • Theodore: 7 (25%)

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are my favourites here, both such cuddly names but with real weight and substance too. And plenty of great nickname potential for both (I’ve always rather liked [name_m]Art[/name_m] for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]).

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is also lovely, but [name_m]Ben[/name_m] feels pretty inevitable to me, especially as he gets older. [name_m]Bear[/name_m] could work at a stretch, I suppose… I agree it’s a sweet name, but again with plenty of substance and history.

I don’t dislike [name_u]Grey[/name_u], but it doesn’t feel as solid and rooted as your other picks, and it doesn’t give the same number of options. For those reasons, I would put this one at the bottom of the list.

Thank you @katkina yes cuddly is the perfect word! I’d love to use them both at some point but I wouldn’t want to have a [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and a [name_m]Bear[/name_m] :stuck_out_tongue: I’m nearly tempted to just use [name_m]Bear[/name_m] as we like the nn so much but I want to give him more options for when he’s older. [name_m]Art[/name_m] would also be a great choice.

I see what you mean about [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as well, I’m definitely starting to lean more towards names with a longer rooted usage and history but still feel fresh.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] are my faves of this list.
I prefer [name_m]Graham[/name_m] nn [name_u]Grey[/name_u]/[name_u]Gray[/name_u] and too many [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]’s in my world - has lost some of its charm for me and it probably is a little too teddy bear/ fictional character for my taste anyway. They’re all good names though!

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]!

@eloiset Thank you, I like [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as a nn for [name_m]Graham[/name_m] also but we have a friend called [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. I only know of one [name_u]Theo[/name_u] (not [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]) so it must not be as popular in my circle!

@wandsworth Very handsome indeed! I think we are most torn between [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].