Our top 4

Hubs and I really talked about girl names last night (blah - I prefer boys!) and we settled on a top 4. We aren’t TTC until [name_u]January[/name_u] so while these could change, I’d really like to pick a name and be done with it like I have with a boy name. It helps with anxiety when I can cross things off a list!

Our top picks are as followed…
[name_f]Zila[/name_f] - my husband’s favorite but I am not thrilled with any spellings. [name_f]Zilla[/name_f] is the original spelling but will be pronounced ZIL-lah and we prefer ZY-lah.
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]

What do you think? What’s your favorite as a name and with our boys? I really like [name_f]Adora[/name_f] as a MN but that really only works well with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. Other MN ideas I’ve had are [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f].

I’m really surprised by your choices and I guess I just haven’t pinpointed your style! [name_f]Nova[/name_f] is a new, trendy word name; [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is an old fashioned name revived to popularity; [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] is an old Hebrew name that is rarely heard; and [name_f]Zila[/name_f] is…a mystery to me. Is [name_f]Zila[/name_f] from the Hebrew name [name_f]Zillah[/name_f]?

[name_f]Nova[/name_f]- too trendy with [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- my favorite as it’s a lovely match with [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. It’s the most popular of your choices, but I’m not sure if that’s a concern. Any of the middles work with it. I like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] best (unless [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is an option).

[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]- my second favorite. A beautiful name. Much more flowery than the boys’ nn’s (but not their full names), but some prefer that on girls. Would you use any nn’s? If you choose [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], I would use [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] as the middle.

[name_f]Zila[/name_f]- I think the pronunciation will be an issue. To get ZY-lah you could spell it [name_f]Zilah[/name_f], Zyla, or Xyla. I think its sounds are too similar to those in brothers’ names (the S of [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and long i in [name_m]Eli[/name_m]).

Vote for [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]! My second pick [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], I think.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] has really been growing on me. I haven’t met a young one, but I would like to!

I really love [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]! I think it’s a great, unusual, nickname rich choice and I love it with [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. The other names are lovely as well, I just like [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] best with the siblings’ names.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for me! I love that it matches well with your preferred mn of [name_f]Adora[/name_f] ([name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adora[/name_f] is really sweet, but I’m just obsessed with [name_f]Adora[/name_f] in general, anyhow!), and I’m just massively fond of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (she’s on my own short list, as well!). Plus, [name_u]Sander[/name_u], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is great (I think Hazy, [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Zella[/name_f]/[name_f]Zelie[/name_f], etc. are all super cute for nns, too!). The others are fine names, but don’t really do anything for me, unfortunately.

For what it’s worth, besides [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adora[/name_f], I think [name_f]Zila[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] would all be lovely!

Good luck!

I’m biased towards the [name_f]Nova[/name_f] as it’s our fave, but [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a beautiful name

Wow, [name_f]Zila[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Nova[/name_f] are all so different. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is definitely my favorite, just because it’s my type of style. I’ll have to say [name_f]Zila[/name_f] follows next, and spelling wise I’d go with [name_f]Zila[/name_f], [name_f]Zilah[/name_f], Zyla, Xila, Xilah, or Xyla. [name_f]Zilla[/name_f] is all “Zil-la” to me instead of “Zy-la”. [name_f]Zilah[/name_f] would be my most preferred spelling.

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adora[/name_f] and it fits well with [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. My second choice would be [name_f]Zila[/name_f], but spelt [name_f]Zilah[/name_f] or Zyla. [name_f]Zilah[/name_f]/Zyla Serephine sounds really nice.

wow, all four names are so beautiful!
usually I’m able to pick a clear winner, but this is a tough choice!

[name_f]Zila[/name_f]- I’ve never actually heard this name before, but I think it’s stunning. I agree that [name_f]Zila[/name_f] is best with your preferred pronunciation. Though, Zyla & [name_f]Zilah[/name_f] could work too (I definitely prefer the look of [name_f]Zila[/name_f])
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- one of my top names, I think it’s just so pretty. It goes really nicely with your boys names too!
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]- I might be in the minority here, but I also think this would go well with your sons names! I love this name a lot, I think it’s beautiful and strong and I could definitely imagine a little [name_f]Nova[/name_f] with big bros [name_u]Sander[/name_u] & [name_m]Eli[/name_m].
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]- a gorgeous name, I like the meaning of this too. I think the nn [name_u]Ren[/name_u] is very cute, if you chose to use that one.

overall, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of the names, they’re all stunning. I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Nova[/name_f] are my favorites with your boys!

My vote goes to [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], and [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] for combo. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], lovely name. I think [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] fits in well with her brother’s names too.

I think unless you were to spell it Zyla, no-one would automatically pronounce it as you like it without correction. I myself, would say [name_f]Zila[/name_f], [name_f]ZEE[/name_f]-lah, like [name_f]Mila[/name_f].

Lobe [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], and also like [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. Both of these would go well with the boys. I’m not a fan of the others.

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] from your list, not keen on the others.

I really like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Nova[/name_f] - [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] slightly more though.

I like the way [name_f]Zila[/name_f] looks but I’d pronounce it Zeela. I like the sound of Zyla though.

[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it. [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] would be beautiful.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] by far goes the best with your boys’ names. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adora[/name_f] is lovely!

I can’t pinpoint your style either! I mean, you have an [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and a [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] - I can’t work that one out. And then [name_m]Joel[/name_m] as a potential boy? Can’t see these names together at all. So basically, I think whatever you pick won’t match each other but that seems to be your style! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] or [name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] would be absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks everyone!

The reason it’s difficult to pinpoint my style is because 3/4 of these names aren’t my preferred style :wink: I am working with another party here, lmao. My husband has his own unique taste in names and it isn’t exactly cohesive with mine. So please don’t base my personal style off of this list, and for the record my personal style is much more classical, historical, and literary based when I don’t have to appease my husband. I’ve posted a few times before how my husband loves X/Z sounds in names, hence [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], and [name_f]Zila[/name_f]. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] was the first girl name we ever loved (back before it was hugely popular.) [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] was my idea because I was looking for something my husband might like that is a bit unheard of, and [name_f]Zila[/name_f] is purely my husband’s idea and I don’t hate it. So there you go!

Thanks again. It appears [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] are really the favorites.