Our Top 5 Combinations

See the results of this poll: Our Top Five Combinations

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Eulalia Mae : 18 (27%)
  • Harriet Marlowe : 25 (38%)
  • Mozelle Violet : 4 (6%)
  • Eulalie Sinclair : 14 (21%)
  • Toula Ray: 5 (8%)

It’s always such a great experience and nice bonding time coming up with names and combinations you agree on - but when she arrives you will know what to name her :slight_smile:

Then you can start putting together some more for future children!

Ps. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is amazing!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]! It is on our list but unfortunately it doesn’t go well with our last name. :frowning:

I voted for [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]. [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] is so pretty. I know a girl named [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] and they call her [name_f]Lollie[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] adorable!
[name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] adds to the name’s respectful voice.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]?

Is it Yew-[name_m]Lay[/name_m]-[name_f]Lia[/name_f] and Yew-[name_m]Lay[/name_m]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]?

I’m kinda curious what country you’re from, OP.

[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] are very beautiful, they stood out to me more than the others, probably because when it comes to names I’m always thinking and paying attention if the names travel well or are easy to pronounce in other languages. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is not easy and [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] is not my style really… [name_f]Toula[/name_f] is cute and reminds me of Big Fat Greek Wedding, one of my favorite comedies… but it doesn’t stand a chance with [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f].

I mean, rather than thinking in combos, what do you actually want to call your child on a day to day basis? Choose the first name that you actually love first, then you can choose a middle name that flows well, has significance, etc. whatever you’re looking for in a middle.

Of all these names, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favorite, as it’s simple and sweet, easily recognizable, but not overly common and has some pizazz too.

[name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Toula[/name_f] strike me as odd. I love [name_f]Tullia[/name_f] though. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is fine, if not a favorite of mine. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is lovely, if a bit filler in the middle. [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] I actually like, but I just think they would be difficult names to carry. And I have a [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of trendy, surnamey [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], unless they hold family significance. If that’s the case, the middle spot is the perfect place for them. [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is just a horrible combo of filler, country and masculine. I can’t find anything appealing about it.

So, in conclusion, I’d recommend:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] (assuming significance)
[name_f]Tullia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Tullia[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] ([name_f]May[/name_f] softens [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] a bit, while [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] seems to emphasize it’s harshness)
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] would make me swoon though.
[name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]

I think they all work, but personally I would avoid [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] as it’s so similar to [name_f]Moselle[/name_f], and I feel discomfort about the idea of a child bearing the name of a type of alcohol. I know many others don’t share this view (witness all the Sherrys, Brandys, Chardonnays etc), but it doesn’t sit well with me.

I voted for [name_f]Toula[/name_f], a lovely Greek name.

My favourite is definitely [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]!

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is so sweet and unexpected! My second choice would be [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. Good luck :slight_smile:

Ranked:
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Toula[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I voted [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], but I’m only really a fan of [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] when [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is used!

I picked [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]! I think it’s very pretty! However, I do think [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] is a lovely name. :slight_smile: