Our twin girls are here!

Our fraternal twin girls were born [name_u]June[/name_u] 22 (exactly one month after my 28th birthday!) at 38 weeks, after 14 hours of labor. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] arrived first; when I was pregnant with them, she was always the one kicking up a storm and moving around, so of course she had to be the first to come into the world. 15 minutes later [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Cove[/name_u] made her appearance. She was always the calmer, quieter one, usually squished away somewhere to the side of my belly, so it wasn’t a surprise that she was a bit smaller than her sister: [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] at 6 lbs 1 oz. They’re both perfectly healthy and we thankfully avoided any complications that I was afraid of. We’ve been home with them for nearly 2 weeks now and we’re starting to adjust to having two babies around. They’re both surprisingly good sleepers (fingers crossed I don’t jinx it) and we’re lucky to have plenty of loving hands around to help. Thank you to everyone who helped us decide on their names. We loved [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] because they aren’t too common, but they’re still established and familiar names with long history. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] are for the singers [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_m]Welch[/name_m] of [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and the Machine and Birdy (real name [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]), who both have personal significance for us. [name_u]Skye[/name_u] and [name_u]Cove[/name_u] ended up in there because of my love of nature names and I felt they tied up both combos nicely. We absolutely love their names and they fit them perfectly!
With love,
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f], two very tired but very happy mamas :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Congratulations!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] their names so much

[name_m]How[/name_m] beautiful! Congratulations to you both, and welcome [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations!! :tada: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the :earth_americas: , [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].
Your twins have stunning names! I adore the names you chose for them.

Good luck! I wish you the best for this new beautiful journey of your lifes.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your girls’ names are so gorgeous! best of luck to you!

Congratulations!!!

You’ve chosen such beautiful, meaningful names! Congratulations!!!

What gorgeous names! Congratulations!

What stunning names for your beautiful little girls! Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Their names are gorgeous.

Congratulations mamas! Absolutely beautiful name choices :two_hearts: I love all the reasons behind each name

Congratulations!! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are beautiful and I’m sending lots of energy and love!

Congratulations Mamas! Beautiful names

I love their names so much! Congratulations to you two :slight_smile:

Congratulations! They have such stunning names :slight_smile:

Ashley and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]- congratulations! Their names are beautiful! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!

Oh my goodness, what absolutely stunning names! I love that they are perfectly paired to each other without being at all ‘matchy’. Congratulations to you both as you start your life as a family of 4! x

You should be very, very proud of yourself. Look at those amazing birth weights. You did a great job, twin mamas! Congratulations as well on choosing absolutely perfect names, truly stunning. Edited to add – You BOTH did a great job.

Congratulations! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names

I have a planned c section for my b/g/g triplets on [name_f]September[/name_f] 1st and Girl #1 will be [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! Such a lovely name. Congratulations on your girls.