Our twins are GIRLS! WDYT of these....

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

I’m so excited; this twins we’re expecting in [name]January[/name] are both girls!

Strangely, I had a million-and-one ideas for girl-girl twins before we even knew we were HAVING twins; now that the girls are real, none seem right.

And, of course, when it’s real, I also have to take my husband’s wishes into account! :slight_smile: We named our son so easily, but we’ve been having vicious fights over what to name these girls. (The worst was when he excitedly suggested naming one of the girls [name]Edison[/name], after his grandfather. Him: “If you can name a girl [name]Madison[/name], why can’t you name her [name]Edison[/name]?!” Me: “[name]How[/name] can you be so cruel to our daughter before she’s even born!” What can I tell you, I am VERY pregnant.)

Anyway, after arguing and not talking to each other and making up again, I think we may have a combo we’re both happy with.

[name]Imogen[/name] Esteri

and

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Justine[/name]

The middles are kind of set in stone; they’re our grandmother’s names. (Esteri is the Finnish version of [name]Esther[/name].) The girl’s big brother is [name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name].

Pros: All three sibs would have Shakespearean names (altho [name]Phoebe[/name] is a secondary character, where [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are definitely leading roles), all three are real, historically used names that are still off the beaten path (altho [name]Henry[/name] is more and more on the beaten path every day, much to my disgust.)

Cons: [name]Imogen[/name] a little too off the beaten path? Any possible nicknames other than [name]Immy[/name]? ([name]Genny[/name] doesn’t really work for us because, well, MY name is [name]Jenny[/name].)

What do you think?

Other names that got tossed around:

[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Johanna[/name] (ick. my husband’s pick)
[name]Penelope[/name] (but then the Kardashians glommed onto that one)
[name]Beatrice[/name] (I love the character, my husband hates the name)

All feedback welcomed – be as harsh as you want, after going 18 rounds with DH, I can take it! Thanks!

I love [name]Imogen[/name] - it’s one of my favourites! I don’t think it’s too off the beaten path. [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are gorgeuos together :smiley:

[name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are lovely. I especially adore [name]Imogen[/name]. [name]Phoebe[/name] is classy itself though, it just feels a bit lighter and “cuter” which could be good or bad.

That said, I love [name]Beatrice[/name]! Distract him! :wink:

[name]Rosalind[/name] has the most interesting contrasts of meaning.

[name]Shakespeare[/name] names: My favourites are [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]. Followed by [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Juliet[/name], in roughly that order. Okay, the nerd in me likes [name]Desdemona[/name], but I’m not going to pass it off as a name I just blithely recommend to people.

Congratulations!!! I’m really happy for you, girls are fun :wink:
I actually sort of like [name]Edison[/name] lol :slight_smile:
I really don’t care for [name]Imogen[/name], I don’t even know how to pronounce it, and it looks like you have a well know name in [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Justine[/name] paired with a very usual name in [name]Imogen[/name] Esteri. I love that they are all Shakespearean though!
I think [name]Vivian[/name] Esteri and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Justine[/name] sound fantastic together :slight_smile:
Good luck finding the perfect names! Congrats again :slight_smile:

I think you have two fabulous names there! [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] make lovely twin sisters, and what a great sibset they make when paired with [name]Henry[/name]! I honestly prefer [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] over all the other names you listed. Congratulations :slight_smile:

I like [name]Phoebe[/name] a lot, [name]Imogen[/name] is okay but I agree that it doesn’t have a lot of good nicknames.

Here’s some other Shakespearean names I think fit nicely with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]:
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Regan[/name]

[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Silvie[/name])
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]

I love [name]Phoebe[/name]! The fact that I love it so much indicates to me that it probably isn’t as off the beaten path as you are hoping for. You sound disappointed that [name]Henry[/name] has taken off. I think the same could happen for [name]Phoebe[/name].

I think [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] are perfect sibling names – both quirky and mysterious. As for other nicknames for [name]Imogen[/name] – I’d probably end up calling her, “[name]Mo[/name].” (And probably “Momo”, “Eeny, Meeny, Miny, [name]Moe[/name],” or “Mojo” when I was feeling silly. But I am a nicknamer.) Other ideas:

[name]Ginny[/name] (might still be too close to [name]Jenny[/name])
[name]Gina[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name] / [name]Mim[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Midge[/name] (stretchy? I like it and would use the silly nickname Smidge)
[name]Missy[/name] (Stretchy)
[name]Mitzi[/name] (Stretchy)

I really don’t like the name [name]Imogen[/name], I don’t get what everyone’s obsession is with it on here! It sounds like a pharmaceutical company. But it seems like people like it and I guess I like all the nicknames people suggest. I like [name]Phoebe[/name]. I love some of the other names that kala_way suggested, including [name]Silvie[/name].

I actually kind of like [name]Edison[/name] in a weird way! [name]Eddie[/name] or [name]Edie[/name] (like on desperate housewives) could be cute for a little girl! I love love love love [name]Penelope[/name], one of my favorites. And there are so many nicknames that I don’t think it matters if the Kardashians named their kids that. Also, by the time your child is like 15 and actually cares about her name, the Kardashians probably won’t even matter. I also really like [name]Beatrice[/name], there’s a gorgeous girl in my sorority named [name]Beatrice[/name] and she goes by [name]Bea[/name] <3

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are pretty much perfect together - I’m not keen on the middle names but like you say they are family names and have importance to you.

[name]Edison[/name] would be fine for a middle name! Good luck!

I don’t like [name]Imogen[/name] at all…I love [name]Phoebe[/name] though…I also don’t like any of the other names you mentioned…

I love [name]Pheobe[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] as twins. So pretty! Off of your short list, I don’t care for [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Johanna[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name]. However, I love [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]! [name]Pheobe[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are great! If that’s the name you really like, I’d say try to bring it up, then mention it again in a few weeks to see if his opinion changes.
Either way, you can’t go wrong!

• [name]Athena[/name]

I think they are absolutely perfect together! [name]Imogen[/name] isn’t a favorite, but it’s still a great name and goes so well with [name]Phoebe[/name].

I like [name]Imogen[/name], but not crazy about [name]Phoebe[/name]. I just can’t get the Friends character out of my head when I hear that name, even though I know that’s not the only character with that name, but probably a lot of people now think of Friends [name]Phoebe[/name] instead of [name]Shakespeare[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name].

Other Shakespears names: [name]Cressida[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Corin[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], [name]Francisca[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Valeria[/name], [name]Viola[/name]

I think [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] go nicely together. I also prefer [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] to your other suggestions. In particular I don’t care for [name]Vivienne[/name] (isn’t one of [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]'s twins named [name]Vivienne[/name]?) or [name]Rosalind[/name]. I think I would swap the middle names though and go with [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Justine[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] Esteri (put the more common middle name with the more unusual first name - plus I like the way this sounds better).

Also, you might be interested to know that there was a 2000 romantic comedy type movie with [name]Freddie[/name] [name]Prince[/name] [name]Jr[/name]. and [name]Julia[/name] Styles called “Down to You” in which the main character’s name was [name]Imogen[/name]. Not a plus or a minus, just what I think of when I hear the name (since it is the only place I have ever really heard it).

Great choices, although I would choose [name]Imogen[/name] Esteri and [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Justine[/name], mainly because I just love the name [name]Rosalind[/name] so much. [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] are infinitely more romantic than [name]Phoebe[/name] (it’s a still a lovely name, just not romantic sounding to me). Congratulations.

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Phoebe[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] but they work together

If you’re sticking with [name]Phoebe[/name] I’d forget about [name]Beatrice[/name]. What would you call them? [name]Pheobe[/name] & [name]Beatrice[/name]? [name]Phoebe[/name] & [name]Bea[/name]? Fi & [name]Bea[/name]? Plus when you add in [name]Henry[/name], that’s a whole lot of “eee”

[name]Imogen[/name] & [name]Phoebe[/name] are great! And I think [name]Edison[/name] is fine in the middle!
[name]Imogen[/name]- Immie, Idgie, [name]Ginnie[/name], [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Midge[/name], [name]Moe[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name], but [name]Imogen[/name] is just…not great. I agree with pp that I don’t get why everyone on here likes it. With [name]Phoebe[/name], I love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of those can measure up to [name]Phoebe[/name]…almost anyway:)