Our twins are GIRLS! WDYT of these....

Congratulations to you. My cousin had the same problem as you only it was triplet girls. Triple the work to come up with names and MN.
I’m not really a fan of [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Justine[/name] should stick to [name]Justin[/name] in my opinion. To honor your grandmother, you could always use the name [name]Justice[/name] instead. Looking at you list of girl’s names, I think you’ll like some of these.

[name]Beverly[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]

I think you have suggested a fantastic combo. To me they have a very similar vibe.
I liked pp suggestion of [name]Mimi[/name] as a nn for [name]Imogen[/name]- I know an [name]Imogen[/name] who as a teen goes by the nn Immo.
They both go very well with [name]Henry[/name] too.
Good choices!!!

They soundamazing together.

I really like both names! [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Junia[/name] is a combo I love to daydream about and I love the nn PJ. With PJ and [name]Imogen[/name] I think of leading alternative music ladies [name]Imogen[/name] Heap and PJ [name]Harvey[/name].

Nicknames for [name]Imogen[/name] besides [name]Immy[/name] and [name]Genny[/name]: [name]Imo[/name], [name]Mo[/name], Moji…

I think you have a solid pair, but if you want a few other thoughts I’ll expound : D.

[name]Imogen[/name] is rarer than [name]Phoebe[/name] and Esteri ([name]LOVE[/name] it - Finnish heritage here and I love [name]Esther[/name] but find it a little too old ladyish - Esteri exoticizes it and I might just have to put it my back pocket) is rarer than [name]Justine[/name], so there a little off in balance that way. [name]One[/name] thought:

[name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Oona[/name]. [name]Oona[/name] is used in Finland but like [name]Imogen[/name] also has some Irish back-story and usage. The O’s tie them together. I know it’s not Shakespearean but [name]Henry[/name] is such a historic name it doesn’t really scream [name]Shakespeare[/name], so I think you’d be OK.

[name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Antonia[/name]. Another Shakespearean rare name, and I’m pretty sure she’s a more major character than [name]Phoebe[/name], although check me.

I also like [name]Cressida[/name] and [name]Nerissa[/name] as options.

Anyway, [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are great choices and I’m sure whatever you decide on will be lovely!

Best wishes!

Hey everyone – I just wanted to say thank you for all the great feedback! We really appreciate it – both from the folks cheering us on, and those who were honest enough to say that [name]Imogen[/name] was way out of the ballpark in their view. It’s good to know that that’s something our daughter will have to deal with if we decide to go for it.

And thanks too for all the alternative suggestions and husband-persuasion techniques!! [name]Both[/name] much appreciated! :slight_smile:

After reading all this, I still like our combo, but…I’m actually rethinking [name]Phoebe[/name] just a little. Still love it madly madly madly, but worrying that it’s not exotic and/or dramatic and/or adult enough to match [name]Imogen[/name]? So maybe [name]Rosalind[/name] (or [name]Beatrice[/name] if I can work some of these schemes!) instead of [name]Phoebe[/name]. Maybe. I don’t know.

Thank goodness pregnancy lasts nine months!! At least we don’t have to decide quickly! :slight_smile:

Thanks again everyone!
[name]Jen[/name]

Hey [name]Jen[/name],
[name]Phoebe[/name] is one of my #1 names. I think it has plenty of quirk, doesn’t have an age, ‘type’ or career label- which I what appeals about it for me. It is definately mature/ adult enough- I actually think it seem slightly ‘old’ for a baby/toddler myself. But they grow up soon enough. I saw a nn for [name]Imogen[/name] that I liked posted on NB “[name]Mimi[/name]” and [name]Phoebe[/name] would be cute with the nn “[name]Bee[/name]”. Adorable names as tiny tots- [name]Mimi[/name] and [name]Bee[/name].
Still loving the combo.
[name]Emilia[/name]

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Justine[/name] is so perfect on so many levels, I cannot even begin to explain it to you!

I love [name]Imogen[/name] as well, and I like the middle name’s meaning to you. I do understand where you’re coming from about a nickname, though. What about [name]Genie[/name]? Still maybe too close to [name]Jenny[/name]. Hmm…

I also love that all of your childrens’ names would be Shakespearean. The ONLY foreseeable drawback is if there are other Shakespearean names you love in case you have a fourth child.

As far as your other suggestions, I absolutely adore and cannot say enough positive things about [name]Rosalind[/name]! To me, the name is feminine beauty personified. I also like the character, and it would also fit with your Shakespearean sibset. [name]Beatrice[/name] is great too, too bad your hubby said no!