Our twins are here!

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to announce that our twins were born on [name_u]February[/name_u] 24th, 2 years and 10 days after our youngest – who is no longer our youngest. They made it to 36 weeks and 4 days and are as healthy as they could be. We are already in love with them, and so are their six brothers [name_m]Arthur[/name_m](9), [name_m]Lucas[/name_m](8), [name_m]Hugo[/name_m](6), [name_m]Edmund[/name_m](5), [name_u]Quentin[/name_u](3), and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m](2).

So, onto their names – that’s why we’re here after all. We struggled with the question whether we were going to repeat initials, and if so, which ones. In the end, it kind of came down to the fact that our other options had 6 letters, and we already have three children with a 6-letter name. It felt good to break out of that theme a bit and go for longer names this time. We loved these names anyways and they so happened to be repeating the initials of our eldest two, who are very proud of this feature. They are also currently the only ones who really understand the concept of initials and given/middle names anyways.

So, without further ado; our little boys are called [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] Exton [name_u]Seth[/name_u] and [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] Quist. We call them [name_u]Les[/name_u] and [name_u]Gus[/name_u] (this was not really planned, but kind of just happened).

Laurence is a name we’ve considered for at least two other boys, but never used before. It fits well with our other children who all have [name_u]French[/name_u] (sounding) names.
Exton is after Exeter, which is where my husband and I met. During this pregnancy, we have been thinking back to that moment a lot and laughing about how back then we would have never believed that one day we’d have eight boys under ten together.
[name_u]Seth[/name_u] is a namesake, and we love that it sounds like ‘sept’, the [name_u]French[/name_u] word for seven, as he is our seventh child.

Augustin is child number eight, and [name_u]August[/name_u] is the 8th month. We also considered spelling it [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], but [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] also ends in -e, and now their names have the same number of letters. It’s also [name_u]French[/name_u] – to complete the pattern.
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] is my husband’s middle name. We loved that it is a simple, classic name, as we found his full name to become quite pompous otherwise.
Quist is the last name of a very dear friend of ours, whom we sadly lost a couple of years ago. We couldn’t use his first name, but we think Quist is pretty cool as a middle name.

We want to thank you all for your input and feedback. A lot went into naming these ones; it was a lot harder than the others and the twin thing made it even more complicated. We’re definitely finished having children now, so no more real babies to name (which also feels weird in a way). I know we’ve been saying that since number 4, but this time we really mean it. :wink:

TDay

57 Likes

Congratulations! [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] and [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] are such nice names, and I love the meaning behind the names! They go so well with their brothers’ names!

3 Likes

beautiful names!! congratulations to you and your family :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Wonderful names.

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names all round :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! They have wonderful names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations for the birth of your marvelous twin boys! Brilliant choices! I love the meanings.
Good luck! Stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congrats! They have such meaningful and beautiful names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Oh, I love it!

Congratulations on your newest boys! Their names are perfect together – especially their nicknames. :grin:

1 Like

Beautiful names! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! I absolutely adore their names, even more so with all those stunning brother names. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! They have beautiful names.

1 Like

i love their names !!
congrats and good luck!

1 Like

Congratulations!! What stunning names.

1 Like

Congratulations! Wonderful names!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:! [name_u]Love[/name_u] these names!!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Beautiful name choices!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! [name_u]Les[/name_u] and [name_u]Gus[/name_u] are so sweet together!

1 Like