Our very short list. Thoughts? (Poll)

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 54 (This poll is closed)

• Andrew Leo Serulean: 9 (17%)
  • Maximus Murray Serulean: 6 (11%)
  • Andrew Murray Serulean: 20 (37%)
  • Maximus Leo Serulean: 19 (35%)

Congats on narrowing it down (and your baby boy, of course)!

I love the flow of [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Murry[/name] Serulean best.

Beyond any shadow of doubt, I vote for [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Leo[/name] Serulean. [name]LOVE[/name].

Thanks guys! Roseate6, thanks for the enthusiasm! That was my husband’s pick, but it’s definitely growing on me. And thanks so much garnet – that’s one of my picks. I’m wondering if the reason it flows, though, is that it’s too close to “[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Murray[/name]” … famous dance instruction classes … I think I’m overthinking this …

Thanks so much for your thoughts! Anyone else? Thoughts on the initials ALS?

They’re all great choices - they sound classic but distinctive. Honestly, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over ALS initials:

1. If no one on the board connects it to “Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis”, it’s probably not going to be noticeable to the general public.
  2. In [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], most people refer to the above as “[name]Lou[/name] Gherig’s Disease”, so it really doesn’t come into play there.
  3. If you love the name, initials should be secondary - unless it’s something waaayy off-limits, like [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Scott[/name] Serulean, if you know what I mean :?

Good luck with the rest of the naming process and bringing your wee boy into the world!

Another vote for [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Murray[/name]. I would avoid [name]Maximus[/name] ([name]Max[/name] as well) since it runs together with the sound of your last name. Good luck!

Thank you so much everyone – this is so helpful! [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Murray[/name] seems to be the front runner on here. I’m surprised because I’ve read on here before that a first and middle name with the same amount of syllables is a no-no. So this makes me feel much better, and especially about the initials ALS. I’ll share this with my husband and let you know what we decide.

I really appreciate all your help!! Thanks again!