"Out there" names you actually like?

I recently saw the name Wildflower nicknamed [name_m]Wiley[/name_m] suggested on another site and was so intrigued! I’d never use the name myself but would love to see it used. Does any one here have an “out there” name they secretly like?

Off the top of my head…
[name_f]Cinderella[/name_f], [name_f]Cendrillon[/name_f]: they are the same thing. I love both, though I slightly prefer [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f]. I wouldn’t use a nn for [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f], but maybe [name_f]Lola[/name_f] for [name_f]Cendrillon[/name_f]?

Rosethorn: I do believe this name is ready for the world! It gives off a wonderful medieval vibe. It sounds strong and memorable without being too weird, yet it has the standard and cute nickname, [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

[name_u]Neptune[/name_u]: for a girl. Name of a female character from a videogame that I never played, but the trailer was enough for me to fall in love with [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]. Nep is SO cute!

And my greatest secret: Canário for a girl. Canário is the word for canary in Portuguese, a language in which word names aren’t common, and Canário is above all an animal name (it’s like… unthinkable as a human name). I don’t see myself ever using Canário in real life (we also don’t have the mn tradition), so it stays as a guilty pleasure.

Wildflower is… interesting. I don’t particularly like or dislike it. I see it as unisex, the “[name_m]Wild[/name_m]” part and the nn [name_m]Wiley[/name_m] as more masculine and the “flower” part as feminine.

[name_m]Canaan[/name_m] is at the top of my list, which is pretty out there

I also secretly like Independence nn [name_f]Indie[/name_f] as well as some planet names for boys like [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] and [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]! I’ve also had a soft spot for Aersen (pronounced like [name_f]AIR[/name_f]-sen) and [name_u]Storm[/name_u] and [name_u]Blaze[/name_u]!

I actually met a girl at work named [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f]! She wore the name well and seemed to really enjoy her name. I thought all I would think was Disney but it was pretty easy to put that association aside and just see it as her name.

Rosethorn would be an interesting choice, I like the mix of gentleness with a tougher edge. I’m a little tired of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] on girls (very common here) but I actually like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] on a boy!

[name_m]Bamboo[/name_m]: It’s not a secret. Everyone knows that I intend to use it; mn only but will be the name he’s called.

I love Brave & [name_m]Fox[/name_m] for girls but they’re too much to carry (as a fn).

I like Wildflower but for a boy I like Wildwood or Wildfire better

[name_u]Silver[/name_u]
[name_f]Evening[/name_f]
Rosebud
Sunflower
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]

Eh, not really…because I try to keep in mind that names have to be wearable for my future children. That being said, I sort of like [name_m]Fox[/name_m] as a middle name for a boy, but even then, it’s a very slim appeal. Same with [name_f]Plum[/name_f] as a middle name for a girl. I don’t really like to even allow myself to think of “out there” names though.

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Theophilus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m]
Calderon
[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]

[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarity[/name_f]
Emmaus
Clarrow
Meridian

It’s not even secretly, I just haven’t found the right combos yet.

Chamomile
Firefly
Wildflower - would 100% use this if I found the right second middle name.
[name_f]Daffodil[/name_f] - [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] might have been [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Daffodil[/name_f] (We considered it) if he were a girl.
Providence
[name_u]America[/name_u] - I don’t consider it out there but apparently it sound far to patriotic to actually use.
Meadowlark - I adore this name and if I ever fall out of love with [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] then [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] Meadowlark is back on the list.
Waterlily - [name_f]Neva[/name_f] fell off my list and Waterlily fell with her.
Rosewood - I’d use it for a boy or a girl in the middle. A girl could be [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] and a boy could be [name_m]Woody[/name_m] as nicknames. I think it works.
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f] - I love it but it’s too close to chameleon if I think about it too much.
Tearose

@kala_way YES to [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! But could not use it.

I have quite a few guilty pleasures. These are names I really love in theory but probably would never use, although no offence to people brave enough! I think they’re lovely and would love to see more people use them:

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Odile[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Salinger[/name_m]
Evinrude

Oceana Glory is probably the most radical name I like. But I dislike most ‘out there’ names. I prefer names that are different but not extreme. Names that stand out, but not for the wrong reasons.

And Winter.

I have a list:

[name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]
[name_f]Evening[/name_f]
Wildflower
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Cherish[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] ([name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is my favourite GP combination)
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] (it’s probably one of the most familiar of the “out there” names, or at least by observing this forum it is)
Libertine (yes, I know the meaning is quite unfortunate but I just love the sound of it!)
[name_f]Welcome[/name_f]
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f] (same as [name_m]Atlas[/name_m])
[name_f]October[/name_f]
Bloom
[name_f]Edeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Albana[/name_f]
Edelweiss
Songbird
[name_f]Morning[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalene[/name_f]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Eleazar[/name_m]
Brontë
[name_m]Pasco[/name_m]
[name_f]Zephyra[/name_f]
Ysella

A few of the “out there” names I like:
[name_f]Forsythia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Stormy[/name_f] (for a girl)
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] (for a girl)
[name_m]Fox[/name_m] (as a mn for a girl)

Some of my favourites are [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Dollie[/name_f], [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_f]Dottie[/name_f], [name_u]Fallon[/name_u], [name_f]Petal[/name_f], [name_f]Posie[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Harmony[/name_f], [name_f]Doris[/name_f], and I once considered Honeysuckle.

I also agree with @adelina_sophia - I love Edeline, Snowdrop (GP only I think?), Holiday, and Bronte.

[name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is my favourite, the other ones I can’t think of right now. I love [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] Addams and would actually love a child like her… which is probably odd.

Not odd at all! She’s awesome, and I quite like [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] (and Friday) because of her.
I have quite a few unusual names on my considering list, but I’ve been crushing on [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] (b) and Pompeia recently. And I thought about using Quicksilver as a middle (after watching X-Men Apocalypse and falling in love with the character), and I quite like [name_u]Silver[/name_u], and of course I have [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] as a middle too. I tend to put the really out there ones in the middle or as GPs. Some of the names I find quite normal probably seem pretty weird too :p.

@myosotis: She’s an awesome character, I have to agree!

A few more that came to mind is probably [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] for a girl (thanks to [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] Ascending), as well as [name_u]Neptune[/name_u] and [name_f]Venus[/name_f], also for girls. I am crushing on [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] for a boy too.

I have a secret, passionate love for Belladonna. I don’t think I’d ever use it, but I still think it’s gorgeous.

I suppose these are a bit “out there”…

Aubryn
[name_f]Fayna[/name_f]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f]
[name_u]Kalani[/name_u]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Nel[/name_f]
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

Definitely, although I think I would actually use some of these as middles.

[name_u]December[/name_u] / [name_u]November[/name_u]
[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]
[name_f]Comet[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_m]Boston[/name_m]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]