Outer space themed names for boys??

Hello! My husband wants an outer space themed name for our first baby, which we just found out will be a boy. I agreed, thinking that would be easy enough to find, but a lot of space names are a little bit too out there to actually use for a baby. What are some space names that could work on a boy as a baby and when he’s older? We don’t mind it being unique but we don’t want anything TOO unique if you know what I mean. The baby’s middle name will be [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] (husband’s name). This is harder than I thought it would be! Thanks!

I love this style!

My first thought was [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. Its similarity to [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] makes it familiar and easy to pronounce yet it is v cool.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_f]Celestin[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
Solaris
[name_f]Solstice[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]

Some ideas:
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_f]Comet[/name_f]
[name_m]Jett[/name_m]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Zeke[/name_m]

You could go for astronomer names, like Kepler or [name_u]Finlay[/name_u].

Assuming when you say ‘‘nothing too unique’’ you mean ‘‘nothing like [name_m]Rocket[/name_m]’’ but I have always secretly loooved [name_m]Rocket[/name_m]. [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]! I’ll leave you with that :slight_smile:

Thanks! I like [name_u]Mars[/name_u] and [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] a lot and I really like [name_m]Rocket[/name_m]. [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] isn’t too out there (and if he doesn’t like it when he’s older he could go by [name_m]Rocky[/name_m] or something like that), by “too unique” i meant more along the lines of some of the crazy names for constellations like Telescopium, I’m not calling my kid that lol.

I also thought of [name_m]Appolo[/name_m] and since it just makes me think of space, [name_m]Ziggy[/name_m].

Telescopium! That made me laugh out loud—thanks.

@tfzolghadr are some of those names jokes? LOL I think Dragonfly is a bit out there

I really like [name_u]Mars[/name_u] and [name_m]Jett[/name_m]!

Hahah, I’m thrilled. I truly think [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] is such a great choice.

I agree with the ladies that [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] would be a cool, bold choice. Some other space/celestial names I like are [name_m]Altair[/name_m], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Pluto[/name_m], [name_m]Phoebus[/name_m] and [name_m]Endymion[/name_m].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Rocket[/name_m]! Super cute.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about(sorry for any repeats)
[name_u]Mercury[/name_u]
[name_m]Pluto[/name_m]
[name_f]Star[/name_f]
[name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
Astro
[name_u]Neptune[/name_u]
Solar
Eclipse
[name_u]Neil[/name_u]( [name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m])