Outlandish vs common

What is your most outlandish name and what is your most common name? You can list boys and girls

Mine are [name_m]Scorpius[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Mystique[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

2 Likes

Probably…

Horace/Ferdinand and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f]/Enola and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

Hm my outlandish isn’t super outlandish as I’ve recently shrunk my lists to realistically would use…

Boys: [name_m]Clifton[/name_m] vs. [name_u]Harry[/name_u]
Girls: [name_f]Delphie[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

I don’t have any real outlandish names as everything on my favourite list I would use in a heartbeat but the names that I get an eyebrow at are

Fergus vs. [name_u]Noah[/name_u]

Damaris vs. [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

I’d use every name on my list, outlandish or common! But to answer this question…

Evaluna vs [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

Alaric vs [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

I know a [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m] vs [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

Girls:

Ariadne vs [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Maybe…

Tempest or [name_f]Liriel[/name_f] or [name_f]Eluned[/name_f] versus [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

Miro or [name_m]Zuma[/name_m] or [name_m]Indio[/name_m] versus [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

For first names…

Boys- Lazarus V Elliot
Girls- Eupraxia V Miriam

For middles-

Boys- Sherlock V Samuel
Girls- Natasia V Rose

This was way to hard than it should’ve been. It has also made me realize that I would seriously name a child any of my combos (except maybe Eupraxia)

Hmm… I’d say

Aberdeen vs [name_m]Simon[/name_m]

Acadia vs [name_f]Lana[/name_f]

Most outlandish - Error: not found. exe has stopped working. :joy: For real though, probably [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] or [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]

Most common: [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

Octavius VS [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] VS [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

Hrotsvitha & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
Eadwulf & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Why was it harder to choose the most outlandish one?! :grin:

1 Like

Coast vs. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_f]Olivet[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

Same as people above, I don’t have many outlandish names, but ones that get a bit of an eyebrow:

Boys: [name_u]Marion[/name_u]/Aubrey/Vivian (if not a fan of ‘unisex but really seem to be girl names’ on boys) or [name_u]Arden[/name_u] (if comparing to my much less unisex list in general) or a name like [name_m]Herbert[/name_m] for old man names. (most of my list is old man names so they don’t seem very outlandish to me)

Girls: [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] are the most different to the rest of the names. A name like [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is probably one of my older old lady names.

Oh, I have so many outlandish names, but let me see…

Lachesis vs [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
Zakynthos vs [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

1 Like

Boys: Viserys vs. [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
Girls: Anïse vs. [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]

For anyone wondering Viserys would be pronounced [vi - se - ris] The “se” is pronounced the same way that it is in “set”.

1 Like

I guess my most “out there” names that I would actually use as first names are Indigo (b) and Fionnuala “Fina” or Andromeda (g). Most of my loved “out there” names I’d save for middles.

My most “common” names I’d use? Probably Simon and Elisabeth “Tess.”

Unless you’re counting middles, then John and Mary (both are honor names, and Mary would be used as a double name (Mary-Clare).

So…
Indigo vs. Simon
Fionnuala vs. Elisabeth

Arthur vs Snæbjörn/Erasmus
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] vs [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] (is [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] my most outlandish name?!)

[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
For boys I’m not sure between the ones that aren’t top 1000 so [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]/Valentine/Leander vs [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]