Overall thoughts on Verity

A top contender for us right now. What’s your thoughts?
I’ve not told anyone my name choices but from what I’ve read online.
Positive
Elegant, underused, a nice meaning
Negative
Snooty sounding
Sounds like variety

I adore [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. It feels sprightly and brisk, springlike, it’s a lovely pale lilac colour in my mind and makes me think of flower meadows and clear sparkling water. I love the meaning, and it’s definitely underused. Leans to the ‘posh’ side of things, depends how much that bothers you - in my mind she goes with names like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love it.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. It has a sharp sound and a great meaning. It does sound a bit like ‘variety’ but I don’t think that is a problem. I did not notice it until after you mentioned it.

2 Likes

Positives on [name_f]Verity[/name_f]:

• snappy, sharp and sparky
  • a cool meaning
  • familiar but underused
  • has similar sounds to other more popular names (Felicity, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], Emily) but holds its own
  • cute nicknames → [name_f]Vita[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Vivi[/name_f], Vee, [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Viva[/name_f], Ret, True)

[name_f]My[/name_f] doubts:

• very small, but I think with certain surnames/middles it can sound descriptive (for example, [name_f]Verity[/name_f] Green/very green, [name_f]Verity[/name_f] Wrigley/very wriggly)
2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Charity[/name_f] and [name_f]Clarity[/name_f], or [name_f]Vera[/name_f], but [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is so sweet! Great meaning and cool

1 Like

I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] - it was a top 10 name for my daughter, having picked it up from a few period dramas. With a dainty T last name, it just didn’t sound quite right but I still find [name_f]Verity[/name_f] to be a strong, self-assured, surprising and pretty name - and yes a little poncy, but I like most poncy names! It’s lovely to say.

1 Like

Absolutely love it! It doesn’t bother me that she does look like the word Variety, because I think I’ve just come to accept that most names do look or sound like something else.

I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] will fit right in with peers and current naming trends!

1 Like

A good point :smiling_face:

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] has a lovely sound! Yes, it does sound a bit like variety but I don’t think that’s an issue.

1 Like

I’m not keen on [name_f]Verity[/name_f], but just based on personal taste, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a little dainty for my tastes. I think as someone has said it does lean a bit posh in the same way [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] does, but that’s not a bad thing in itself. Great meaning.

1 Like

And I defs don’t think the variety thing is worth giving a second thought. It wouldn’t have occurred to me, yes same basic structure now it’s pointed out but they sound totally different, I think [name_f]Veritas[/name_f] as per the meaning before anything else.

1 Like

I like it. It doesn’t sound THAT similar to variety.