Owen or Leo?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, I need some opinions on baby number 2 name.

I am in LOVE with 2 names: [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and Owen. Hubby prefers Owen, but he also likes [name_m]Leo[/name_m] a lot. I have a toddler named [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Luke, I LOVE his name. He goes by Alex. I do not necessarily want a name for the second baby that matches his.

However, I am thorn, I love how short and cute these 2 names are. If we use [name_u]Owen[/name_u] it will go with middle name William. He would be called Owen. (Alex and Owen).
I still don’t have a combo for [name_m]Leo[/name_m] though. Any suggestions? (Alex and Leo). Another thing to consider. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] would be born in [name_u]August[/name_u] making him a [name_m]Leo[/name_m] zodiac sign. Not picking this name because of it though, this really is a coincidence lol.

I would appreciate comments, opinions that could make our decision a bit easier. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if you have any other name suggestions that you don’t mind sharing.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is a great name. For a baby brother, either [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m] would be perfect. They’re both super handsome classic names. They’re equally timeless & equally popular in 2021 (basically), so you can’t use those factors to decide…I see your problem! :joy:

Staring w/Owen, I feel like this gives off a vibe of a thoughtful, maybe slightly outdoorsy, quiet kind fella.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] gives off a more quirky clever cheeky guy vibe.

You may want to decide sooner, but I’d say if it’s narrowed down to two, take both to the birth & let him tell you which name suites him.

Of course that being said, I’ll go ahead & throw a few more ideas at you. Maybe something will stand out…

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

[name_m]Charles[/name_m]

[name_m]Clark[/name_m]

[name_u]Casey[/name_u]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

[name_u]Eli[/name_u]

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]

[name_u]George[/name_u]

[name_u]Holden[/name_u]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

[name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]

[name_u]Levi[/name_u]

[name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

[name_u]Nico[/name_u]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Yes, we still have have time to decide. Maybe with time it will come to us, or maybe even when we see him. :blush: The good news is that we love both names, so worse comes to worse we can always just flip a coin lol jkjk.

1 Like

Really either name would be great - I see why you have a tough time choosing! I do feel like [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] vibe better together; they both seem to have a cool, almost international vibe.

Some combos for Leo:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Christian[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Demetrius[/name_m]

I tried to pull some Greek names since [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] are both Greek, but ones that are still traditional sounding. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you! And thanks also for middle name suggestions. I am really liking [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] :blush:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] gets my vote completely. Great suggestion.

1 Like

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Both great choices. I prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as a name and with Alexander!

1 Like

For you my favourite is Owen.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] generally is my favourite name from the two however for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] brother my favourite is Owen. I just feel that [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] feels very formal and despite being known as [name_u]Alex[/name_u] just has a lot of grandeur that the nickname [name_m]Leo[/name_m] lacks. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] just feels too short like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] should be a nickname for [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] or [name_m]Leon[/name_m] rather than just Leo. Whereas [name_u]Owen[/name_u] stylistically feels complete and I think works. Also as you love both & your husband appears to love [name_u]Owen[/name_u] more then I would go with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] a name you have equal love for.

1 Like

It does sound really nice. I agree :heart:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Linus[/name_m] is super cute!

You know, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds really great together as well. Thank you for the suggestion :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you, I love Owen. I do like how [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] sound together.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. The way you say it, it makes a lot of sense to go for [name_u]Owen[/name_u] :relaxed: You bring many good points. Thank you!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] best :slight_smile:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]