Owen vs Evan vs Everett

We have an [name_u]Evan[/name_u]. I LOVE the name [name_u]Everett[/name_u] for our third boy but hubby thinks it’s too close and even though I would still do it and call him [name_u]Rhett[/name_u], I can see where’s he’s coming from. But my next fav name, and he likes as well is [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. But he’s saying [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is too similar to [name_u]Evan[/name_u] also. I was thinking his name could be [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u].

I can see that [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] have similarities but I don’t think they are too close to be brothers. What are your thoughts?

Also have a [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

I do not think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are too close for siblings at all I actually think they work really well together. I appreciate that [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] share similar amount of letters with the N ending but I actually think they feel really cohesive together definitely not to matchy. I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] would be gorgeous together really lovely sibling set.

I also absolutely love [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] :blue_heart:

1 Like

everett and evan are definitely to close for siblings imo, but owen and evan aren’t to me! i think owen everett is darling if you like both names!

another option would be just rhett since you mentioned that it would be everett’s nn!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] could work

everett is too close unfortunately, but owen is just fine. owen everett is a nice combo!

would rhett, beckett, wyatt, bowen be options?

2 Likes

I think it is a little too close with [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u], but not [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u]!

I love [name_u]Owen[/name_u] with your sibset, especially since all your other kids have a letter ‘n’ in their names (not too noticable, but it’s a subtle pattern) and I think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is a lovely combo.

I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are a little too close for my personal taste, sorry. They are both lovely names. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is way too close, even as a MN. Have you considered [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] as a stand-alone?

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are too close, even if [name_u]Everett[/name_u] would go primarily by Rett.

Side note- it reminds me of brothers I knew named [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Van[/name_u], though [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u] feels even closer to me (I suppose because the starting sound is the same).

I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] work together very nicely. I think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] would be the perfect combo.

I love [name_u]Everett[/name_u] the best but if they’re too close [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is goo too x

I agree that [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] feel too close, but that [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] are not. I like that [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] share a common rhythm but they feel like different enough styles to me that they aren’t too matcha. I think [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is a very sweet sibset

[name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are semi-close, and I can see where your husband is coming from, but I don’t think they’re too close to work as siblings. I actually think [name_u]Owen[/name_u] fits really well into your existing set.

[name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u], however, are too close for me.

I don’t think [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are too close especially if you plan to mostly call him [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] but if dad says no then what can you do? [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] aren’t too close but have the same problem of sharing a sound. Maybe [name_u]Holden[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], or [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]?

I would argue [name_m]Eoin[/name_m] would be too close as [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Eoin[/name_m] are both forms of [name_u]John[/name_u] but the [name_u]Owen[/name_u] spelling also derives from [name_m]Owain[/name_m] which makes it different enough in my opinion. :slight_smile:

I like these names with [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

[name_u]Cody[/name_u]

[name_u]Dean[/name_u]

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]

[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

[name_m]Howell[/name_m]

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]

[name_u]Lee[/name_u]

[name_u]Mason[/name_u]

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]

[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]

[name_u]Robert[/name_u]

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]

[name_m]Russell[/name_m]

[name_u]Sidney[/name_u]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

[name_u]Vaughn[/name_u]

[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]

[name_u]William[/name_u]

[name_u]Yale[/name_u]

Agree with others that [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is too close.

I also have an [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is in my top :slight_smile:

Aren’t [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] the same name? I strongly dislike [name_u]Rhett[/name_u].

They are too close to me