Oz

Which do you think is the best way to get to the nickname “[name]Oz[/name]”?

[name]Osbert[/name] (I have a soft spot for this one)
[name]Osborn[/name]/[name]Osbourne[/name]
Osmer

Any other suggestions? (Other than [name]Oscar[/name], please. [name]Oscar[/name] will always be my beloved late kitty to me)

Any name with the “oz” sound could give it, but I can’t think of any with it later in the name. As far as the ones that you listed I think [name]Osbourne[/name] is the best. [name]Osbert[/name] sounds like Eggbert to me, which sounds like egg beat. And Osmer makes me think of [name]Ozma[/name] from [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name].

[name]Osborn[/name] seems like the only wearable option to me, but then of course you have the [name]Ozzy[/name] association (which may or may not bother you). Here are some other ideas:

[name]Ozias[/name]
[name]Osric[/name]
[name]Osmond[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]

[name]Osias[/name]
[name]Osgood[/name]
[name]Osman[/name]
[name]Osmond[/name]
[name]Osric[/name]
[name]Oswin[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]

Ohh, I like [name]Oswin[/name]! [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Oswin[/name] is wearable?

I’ve never heard [name]Oswin[/name] before. I do think it’s wearable but certainly a unique choice.

[name]Saint[/name] [name]Oswin[/name] was a 7th-century king of Northumbria in [name]England[/name]. [name]How[/name]'s that for a long legacy? I think it’s definitely usable.

Oh good! I’ve got a new one on my list!

I like [name]Oswin[/name], but slightly prefer [name]Boaz[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name], if that’s not too much of a stretch.

[name]Boaz[/name] is my new favorite, but only because I’m a history-anthropology student and I think of [name]Franz[/name] [name]Boas[/name] (pronounced the same) who is one of the fathers of American anthropology. It also gives the nn option [name]Bo[/name] which is super cute.

other than the above, there are a few names that end in “os” that could be good as a nn for [name]Oz[/name]
Many are greek though!

Some faves:
[name]Milos[/name]
Nickos
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Carlos[/name].

What about using the initials of O.Z. to get the nn [name]Oz[/name]? [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Zane[/name] or [name]Owen[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]?

My newest son (born in [name_f]July[/name_f]) is named [name_m]Oslo[/name_m]

[name_m]Osborn[/name_m] is the most wearable. I like [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] and [name_m]Osric[/name_m] myself. [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] is definitely wearable.

[name_m]Oswin[/name_m] is my favorite.