Pairing

So we have a little girl named [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]. Really wish I spelt it [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] now but hey ho we call her [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

Would a sibling named [name_u]Indy[/name_u] with [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] not really work… thoughts?

I wouldn’t initially pair [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] with [name_u]Indy[/name_u] however I think they can work as they both feel bright, summery and fun. Also it’s an absolute privilege to name a child so I don’t think you should limit yourself to only using a name which ‘goes’ and actually use a name you love. You clearly love [name_u]Indy[/name_u] so go for it :sparkles:

If cohesion is a concern I think using [name_u]Indie[/name_u] as a nickname for something like [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] could work better just as visually they look more cohesive but this is only an idea!

I think since she goes by [name_f]Belle[/name_f], it would work.

You could do a longer form - [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Adalind[/name_f], [name_f]Melinda[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] NN [name_u]Indy[/name_u] would pair nicely with [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] NN [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

I think if I knew [name_f]Belle[/name_f] were short for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], I would assume [name_u]Indy[/name_u] were short for something, too.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Indy[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are sweet together.

I also believe there are some really cute longer versions you could use too

[name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
[name_f]Belinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_f]Kindra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mindy[/name_f] / [name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourites with [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]. I think they both have the beautiful and feminine linger version of the name but also have the possibility to use [name_u]Indy[/name_u] as a nickname .

[name_u]Indy[/name_u] doesn’t work. It’s too nicknamey. Maybe if it was short for something.

I also think it wouldn’t be my first pairing for siblings but I think [name_u]Indy[/name_u] and [name_u]Bell[/name_u] sound like really sweet sisters. I agree also would assume that [name_u]Indy[/name_u] was sort for something but that’s easily corrected. If you wanted to ‘match’ her sister (which I wouldn’t feel any pressure to do as sisters are generally chalk and cheese personality wise anyway) you could choose a longer form as suggested above or use both 1st name and middle to create the nickname name [name_u]Indy[/name_u] giving you more options…
For example:
[name_f]Inessa[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] nn [name_u]Indi[/name_u]

All the best woth what ever you decide!

[name_u]Indy[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are super sibs. If it’s [name_u]Indy[/name_u] as the full name you love, then go for it. For me, name nerd that I am, I favor a fuller name for [name_u]Indy[/name_u] because it is more in keeping with her older sibling. It also gives her an option of the longer, fuller name like her sister. (And something more serious for you to call out when you need to be stern lol). [name_f]My[/name_f] name tastes has evolved and expanded massively through years of research and obsession. Through it all, [name_f]India[/name_f] has retained its charm. [name_f]My[/name_f] best friend allowed me to help select her twin girls names, one being [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. That said, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]India[/name_f] are divine (and I usually do not favor matching initials, but since you call her [name_f]Belle[/name_f], it’s, well, a perfect pair in my book).

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] and
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] and
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
Lindall

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, and I love @Greyblue‘s suggestion of Isabelle ‘Belle’ and Rosalind ‘Indy’ :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like