Paisley?

WDYT? Does it go with [name]Isla[/name]? It is Scottish…

I think it goes with [name]Isla[/name], and i think its cute on a child, but i don’t think i’d like it as an adult - i find it hard to reconcile [name]Paisley[/name] with a serious professional woman.

I really [name]LOVE[/name] this name - it’s on my list but I worry it’s a bit cutesy

I love [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Paisley[/name] together! I wouldn’t worry about it being too childish or cutesy-my name is [name]Jasmine[/name], which is both a popular dog name AND popular stripper name. Neither association has affected my life, I think the person makes the name just as much as the name makes the person.

I love the name [name]Paisley[/name] and it definitely goes with [name]Isla[/name]. Could be onto a winner there x

…yes it is indeed Scottish, however I might suggest taking a little Google Maps street view tour of [name]Paisley[/name], in Renfrewshire, [name]Scotland[/name] in case you change your mind. Fairly industrial place to be named after…might be a little disappointing when visiting one’s namesake in future!

There are so many outstandingly beautiful places to be named after in [name]Scotland[/name], unfortunately [name]Paisley[/name] isn’t one of them to my mind.

A few of my favorite Scottish girl place names (taken from beautiful places):

[name]Ailsa[/name]
Clova
Tiree
[name]Iona[/name]
[name]Nairn[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]

Interestingly, Clova is taken from [name]Glen[/name] Clova which neighbours Glenisla - I think Clova and [name]Isla[/name] would make a cute pair.

All the best!

I second what Canadienne says - [name]Paisley[/name] isn’t the nicest place in the world. Also, despite the name having quite a nice sound, it seems a little off to me because all I can think of is the pattern …

If you are in the US, paisley is a pattern on cloth…as a name, it is one of the worst curses you could put on a girl. Totally unsophisticated and headed toward trashy.

I only think of the pattern–specifically on bandanas. While it does seem to work with [name]Isla[/name] in sound, I think that [name]Isla[/name] is such a lovely international name, but [name]Paisley[/name] pails in comparison.