Palmer for a girl

[name]Hi[/name] all,

[name]Palmer[/name] is my mother’s maiden name and we have always liked it as a fn for a boy, but worried about teasing potential. Someone suggested that it works on a girl as well, and we think it might. My name is unisex and when it was given to me in the 70’s it was strictly for boys and i have always loved the suprise people get when i show up and am not the sex they expected. So, i’m not too worried about the unisex aspect but more with the quality of the name. We want a strong name that is uncommon but still recognizable and easy to spell. When you hear [name]Palmer[/name] do you think of other popular surname type names like [name]Taylor[/name] or [name]Mckenzie[/name], or does it strike as more classic?

What are your thoughts on [name]Palmer[/name] for a girl? What nicknames do you think would work for [name]Palmer[/name]?? We can’t think of any. Also, can you think of any good mn options that would go with last name [name]Jordan[/name]?

Other names we like include:
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]True[/name]

Family names we’d be happy to use include:
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] (awkward but comes with great associations)

Any input would be appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue:

I adore [name]Palmer[/name] for a girl! It’s on my list as well. I originally had it picked out for a boy, but I got many comments on how he would be teased, etc. There was some movie or TV show where one of the female characters was named [name]Palmer[/name]. I like it a lot for a girl! I’ve always loved boy-ish names for girls. I think it would be adorable! :slight_smile:

Well, I give almost any family name a ringing endorsement. [name]Palmer[/name] could definitely work for a girl, and if anyone gives you grief about it, you have a family connection to back it up. This makes it classic, in my opinion. Go for it! From your list, what about…

[name]Palmer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (as a way to honor both [name]Betty[/name] and [name]Beth[/name])

I like [name]Palmer[/name] with a longer, traditional, “important” name, so others would be

[name]Palmer[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Palmer[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Palmer[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]