Palmer

Third boy on the way. I love the name [name_u]Palmer[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband said it was a girl name when I first brought it up which I was really surprised by. I keep hearing it come up as a girl name ever since. Is this something I just shrug off or am I naming my son an up and coming girls name? Brothers are [name_m]Boston[/name_m] and hollis. Suggestions welcomed!

Looking at the popularity honestly surprised me since it sounded more masculine to me! It’s in the top 1000 for girls and not for boys, as you probably already saw lol. Personally I think [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] goes well in the sibset and would be a great choice! But I also don’t know whether to expect it to move up the charts as a girl name.

1 Like

That’s surprising! [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] seems very masculine to me. I quite like it!

1 Like

The only [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] I’ve met was a little girl and I do hear it more for girls. I would love to see it used more for boys though! It makes no sense to me why it couldn’t still be used for a boy since it seems like a unisex/leaning masculine name. Then again I’d like to see more little boy Emersons too. I think it fits great with your boys’ names. Especially [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]. If you love it go for it. :blush:

1 Like

Boston, [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], and [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] all sound great together! [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] sounds unisex to me. The only reason I do immediately think ‘female’ is because it’s a characters name in the movie [name_m]Just[/name_m] Go With It.

1 Like

I’d describe [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] as unisex and it fits in perfectly with the surnamey vibe of [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_m]Boston[/name_m]!

I’ll suggest
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]
[name_u]Alder[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Raynor[/name_m]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

1 Like

It sounds great as a brother to [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_m]Boston[/name_m] but I’ve only heard it for girls and I prefer it on a girl than a boy. But don’t let that stop you using a name you love!

Palmer may be more popular for girls, but I think it sounds like a boy name! Very handsome.

1 Like

I only know of girls named [name_u]Palmer[/name_u], but I can see it on a boy too! I wouldn’t think twice about it on a boy, it’s very unisex to me.

1 Like

I’ve known two little girls named [name_u]Palmer[/name_u]. I’m aware the name is traditionally masculine, but it definitely seems to be trending feminine these days in the US. I’ve never met a boy named [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] but if I were to guess an age of a boy [name_u]Palmer[/name_u], I’d assume him to be older than a female [name_u]Palmer[/name_u].

I think it is entirely up to you whether you let any of that bother you or if you embrace it.

I’ve never heard it. I know a little girl [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. And her sister is [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]. So I guess its within that trend.

I’m not a big fan of most boy-become-girl names so i prefer [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] for a boy. I would go for it.

1 Like

I think boy when I hear [name_u]Palmer[/name_u]! I think it’s pretty trendy for both genders atm!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] is a great unisex name works perfectly for boys and girls. I think [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] has a similar vibe to [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] which again feels very unisex. I think [name_m]Boston[/name_m], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] & [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] work really well together : )

Congratulations & Good luck

1 Like

Palmer sounds very masculine! It’s perfect for [name_m]Boston[/name_m]’s and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]’s little brother.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] and especially in this sibset. I don’t know anyone named [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] and it isn’t a common name but it reads male to me. Because it isn’t a common name I think it may be seen as unisex but not primarily a female name.

1 Like

I would never think [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] was a girl if I heard the name without seeing the child. It is all male to me. But then again, most surname names sound more masculine to me. I’ve never met a [name_u]Palmer[/name_u], girl or boy, where I am, so I think it’s perfectly fine to use for a boy and goes well with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_m]Boston[/name_m].

1 Like

I quite like [name_u]Palmer[/name_u]! I’ve never met one… sounds all boy to me though. But so does [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]… just seems like anything can go to the girls these days. But I think totally usable !

1 Like

The only [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] I’ve ever met was a girl, but I think that all surnames or trade names are just fine on either gender. Go for it!

1 Like

I see [name_u]Palmer[/name_u] as a girl’s name, but I do like it for a boy as well. [name_m]Boston[/name_m] and [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] are awesome names, btw.

1 Like

I think it’s all boy. Also, love the name [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]! I’d love to hear your experience with it.

1 Like