Pandora nickname Panda?

A bit of a guilty pleasure name/nickname combo I suppose, but what do you all think? Positive/negative connotations, stories, anything? Thanks so much!

SKINS UK! They had a character call [name]Pandora[/name] almost always called Panda (her mom called her Panda-Pop). Made me fall in love with it in a very GP kind of way.

I love [name]Pandora[/name]! It’s a guilty pleasure of mine, too. I’d love to meet a [name]Pandora[/name] [name]IRL[/name]. I don’t have a problem with the story. I think Panda is adorable as a nickname. I know an [name]Amanda[/name] who was known as Panda to close friends. Two similar sounding names are [name]Pandara[/name] and [name]Pandita[/name].

Other “[name]Pan[/name]” names: [name]Panya[/name], [name]Pansy[/name], [name]Panthea[/name]

[name]Pandora[/name] isn’t bad per se. I suppose there is some negative connotations with the name since she was the woman responsible for unleashing all the evils unto the world…but its honestly not too bad. I wouldn’t personally use the nn Panda. Yes, they’re are cute animals…but I just don’t like nn’s like that.

[name]Pandora[/name] is a beautiful name! Definitely a GP of mine as well! Panda is a very cute nickname, I think. I agree with ellieberry, it would be very refreshing to meet a little [name]Pandora[/name] in real life!

I think the only downside of [name]Pandora[/name] is the myth, which really isn’t that big of a deal in my opinion.

[name]Pandora[/name] is beautiful but I just imagine a teenage [name]Pandora[/name] having to deal with jokes about opening her “box”…

I really don’t like Panda, though. It’s just too out there.

The overriding negative association with [name]Pandora[/name] does the name in for me. Panda is not an appealing nn either. I picture a big chubby bear.

I don’t mind [name]Pandora[/name], but it sounds a bit like someone trying to be British-upper-crust.

Not a fan of cutesy nicknames like Panda, I’m afraid.

I love [name]Pandora[/name]. I don’t see what’s so bad about her, she was curious (a good thing in my opinion, if she hadn’t been curious she’d have been incredibly dull) and did exactly what [name]Zeus[/name] thought she would do (he knew she was going to open the box). However, she was created and given as a punishment to Epimetheus after his brother stole fire and gave it to mortals.

[name]Nick[/name] name Panda is super cute.

Nice things about the name: song by Cocteau Twins “[name]Pandora[/name]”, song by [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name] “[name]Pandora[/name]'s Aquarium”. A moon, and [name]Pandora[/name] “Panda” [name]Moon[/name] of Skins.

Anesidora is pretty too, it’s sometimes related to [name]Pandora[/name], and sometimes to [name]Demeter[/name].

I love the name [name]Pandora[/name]. I go back and forth between this and [name]Isadora[/name]. Panda as a nickname is adorable!

My sister is set on calling her first little girl pandora nn dora tho think its linked more nowadays to pandora bracelets
Im not so keen on panda tho but thats only because my family have dark circles under our eyes so have been called panda eyes a few times.

[name]Pandora[/name] is a really pretty name tho!

[name]Pandora[/name] is okay. Panda as a nn is weird and I like it! I actually think it’s adorable.

I love [name]Pandora[/name], and the nickname Panda is one of the cutest things I’ve ever heard. I had a friend [name]Amanda[/name] growing up who we called Panda, I loved it.

I think Panda is a sweet family nickname… not something she’s going to want everyone in school calling her, but rather more of a “pet name” to call her at home, the way my dad called me “[name]Heather[/name] [name]Feather[/name]” and my sister “[name]Brookie[/name] Cookie”. I think people project their own feelings onto mythological stories. [name]Pandora[/name] was not necessarily a bad character… rather she demonstrated that sometimes “curiosity kills the cat”… that curiosity can be dangerous if left unchecked, but yes, the world would be incredibly boring without it! [name]Eve[/name] is another name that is used all the time, yet some might say she, too, “unleashed all evil on the world”.

I love it!!!

I agree that Panda is a cute family nickname. I couldn’t see it being used in any professional capacity though. Too cutesy.

[name]Pandora[/name] is okay, and has the option of [name]Dora[/name] as well. Definitely GP but I could see it being used by a brave couple who felt that it had meaning for them.

Not a fan of [name]Pandora[/name]. The poor girl would have to deal with guys asking her to open her box her whole life, and any other box-related sexual jokes they come up with. Not just through high school…I know several adult men who would have a field day coming up with double entendres around the name. Pretty in theory, a burden in reality.

Panda might be a cute nn around the house, but I can’t see it doing well in everyday life. [name]Dora[/name] is more useable in real life [name]IMO[/name].

I think Panda is the cutest nick name. [name]Pandora[/name] is pretty, but a little fantastic for my style. :wink:

No, [name]Pandora[/name] is pretentious and I fear a little girl would be teased with “Panda [name]Bear[/name].” If you must, then I would try the nn’s Pandi or [name]Pippi[/name].