Pandora nickname Panda?

My daughter’s name is [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. I call her Panda and Panda-roo. I have gotten compliments and criticism… I can see it either way but as a parent I will raise her to be proud of her name and own it.

ha. I named my daughter Panda! it turned out to be an awesome name.

I like [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], but I like Pandy for a nickname better than Panda, which just makes me think of the bear (though they ARE adorable!).

[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] is a very cute name, but Panda makes me think of a chubby and hairy animal.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] the name, mostly because of Skins:)

I think [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] nn. Panda is very pretty. You should use it.

As [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] ages, she can have a more mature nicknames, such as:

[name_f]Adora[/name_f]/[name_f]Adore[/name_f]
[name_f]Andie[/name_f]/[name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Andora[/name_f] (ala Endora from Bewitched)
[name_f]Dora[/name_f]
[name_u]Dory[/name_u]
[name_f]Ora[/name_f] (pronounced aur-ah)
[name_u]Paddy[/name_u]
Pandy
[name_u]Penny[/name_u]

I think every child wishes that their name was something different. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] offers plenty of nicknames, through that phase.

At the end of the day, I firmly believe that a [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] is very well named. :slight_smile:

Wishing you the best of luck.

[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] has the negative connotation of [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]'s Box and the planet from Avatar which is a trilogy so we will be hearing about it again.

I think it’s great! G for it! And, I doubt highly that anyone will remember “box” as what we know it as. Terms for thins like that change rather frequently

This name rules :smiley: but I have it so I’m biased! [name_f]Love[/name_f] being a [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], so many people have said they wished they had my name.

It is a really pretty name, but my association is the character in the [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] Mole books. I don’t know if anyone still reads them, and i’m fairly sure they wouldn’t have been read in the US, but for people of my age group in the UK, they were a staple of teenage reading. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] was a very pretty, clever girl and [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] Mole worshipped her, but she was quite pretentious and the whole thing was hilarious.

Does anyone else see green [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] on the first page, and pink [name]Pandora[/name] on the first page?