PART 3 ALICE, HARRY and........short list and NEW OPTION FOR GIRL!

[name]Hi[/name] Berries

So hubby and I have been debating names for #3 (in throes of conceiving…but not as I type this :wink: ).

Our agreed short list:

Boys:
[name]Oliver[/name] ([name]Weston[/name])
[name]Oscar[/name] ([name]Weston[/name])

My feel on boys is definitely towards [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Oscar[/name] is a little too “cool for school” for me and [name]Oliver[/name] to me is a little more in line with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name].

Girls:
[name]Lucy[/name] ([name]Christine[/name])
[name]Maggie[/name] ([name]Christine[/name])
[name]Rosie[/name] ([name]Christine[/name])

I guess I’m still not sold on these 3 completely. As I’m not keen on another “ie” ending name due to having a [name]Harry[/name]. I like stand alone names.

Anyway, last night, my husband threw another name into the mix and I think I’m quite keen on it. It’s [name]Imogen[/name]. I am actually not sure why it appeals but I think its a lovely name and the meaning of it is “beloved child”. As this would definitely be our last child I think the meaning it even more apt. Plus there is no “ie” sound!

So tell me…[name]Imogen[/name]. And remember the way us Aussies pronounce may be different to those in the States. If you are uncertain with the sound do a quick look on the site. It doesn’t end with a GEEEENE it ends with more of a [name]GIN[/name] but with a soft “g” sound.

Thoughts??

xx

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] is smashing! I like it much better than your other options. I think it goes brilliantly with your other children.

Good luck!

Oh thanks, dindlee! My husband was always sold on [name]Emmie[/name] for [name]Emma[/name] (but not for me) so I think he likes the nn Immie (or [name]Immy[/name]) for [name]Imogen[/name]. I was actually shocked he came up with something so lovely! Having said that, I don’t think we would use a nn much as all our kidlets have nn not associated with their actual names at all.

Definitely encouraged to have such a positive response from you :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Imogen[/name]. It goes really well with your other children’s names. All of the names on your lists are lovely!

Oh thanks for your input darlingdoe! I don’t know why it sprung into my husband’s thoughts…he never contributes to these discussions willingly and then he throws out a random, fabulous name. Maybe he’s a secret [name]Berry[/name] ;). Its terrible cause now i’m hoping for a girl so i can use the name! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think [name]Imogen[/name] is beautiful and would sound lovely with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name].

Thanks tristan! Would hope someone would say honestly if they thought it was hideous but I think we may be on a winner…I only talk names on here but think the family would like it.

Oh, I love [name]Imogen[/name], but I think [name]Lucy[/name] is so wonderful with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]!

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Harry[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] is cute. I love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] for my future children, but I’m a bit OCD, so would probably have to pair with another five-letter name. But that’s just me!

Haha sarahmezz that made me smile. We have very similar tastes in names it seems…so tell me what would be your 5 letter boy and girl for number 3???

shieldsc i still do have a soft spot for our short list of names. Husband’s pick has always been [name]Lucy[/name]. Still a soft spot for it…so definitely not getting rid of it just yet :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Harry[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] are perfect together! It’s a very typical sib-set here in [name]England[/name], I think, as all three names rank quite highly. I love them together!

[name]Both[/name] your boys options are lovely, too. You can’t go wrong with either!

I think [name]Alice[/name], [name]Harry[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] sound good together:). I also like [name]Alice[/name], [name]Harry[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name].

[name]Imogen[/name] was never my cup of tea, but it goes really really well with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]! [name]Lucy[/name] is my favorite!

Thanks Berries :slight_smile:

Husband definitely still has a soft spot for [name]Lucy[/name], and if I said a definite yes to [name]Lucy[/name] then we would be done. But since I am still ummming and ahhhing over the name…[name]Imogen[/name] definitely sounds like a good option.

@sapphires its funny you say they are a classic English sibset. I have been awfully worried that the media was saying that the royal-bub-to-be, if a girl, [name]Alice[/name] was up the top. I would be horrified since we already have a “royalish” name with [name]Harry[/name]. I have been told before that my taste in names is old fashioned English (though I would prefer timeless :wink: )

Any other feedback would be great! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name]!

@boyandgirl they were actually my first two picks. Still up there :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback xx

[name]Alice[/name], harry and imogen are perfect :slight_smile:
Personally I wouldn’t pick [name]Alice[/name],harry and [name]Lucy[/name] because I think [name]Lucy[/name] and harry sound kind of similar but who am I to talk when my favorite twin sibset is [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name]:stuck_out_tongue:
Either way you can’t go wrong with your choice!
I also love [name]Oliver[/name] with your kids

It’s definitely less familiar in the states, but I think it goes great with your kids.

Cute nn options ([name]Midge[/name]! :)) and it always reminds me of imagine–which is a beautiful connection.

Oh that’s a very cute nn! I like that a lot. Thanks!