PART 3 ALICE, HARRY and........short list and NEW OPTION FOR GIRL!

That was my feeling too. As they both have an “ie” ending sound so I was trying to find something fabulous that stood alone, was special enough and still flowed with the other names. Though [name]Lucy[/name] in my mind does evoke a strong yet sweet, intelligent and slightly cheeky little girl (just like my [name]Alice[/name] actually) so I think that’s why I have always liked it. Though I think [name]Imogen[/name] does the same feeling for me too :slight_smile: Thanks for your thoughts!

I really love [name]Imogen[/name] with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]. I love [name]Lucy[/name], too, because [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] seem perfect together. And I think [name]Oliver[/name] is the perfect boy’s name! It fits in so well.

I really like [name]Imogen[/name] with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Harry[/name] as well! [name]Imogen[/name] is classic without being common and has some lovely NNs ([name]Immy[/name], [name]Genny[/name], [name]Gen[/name], [name]Midge[/name]…)
Definitely think [name]Alice[/name] is a classic and [name]Harry[/name] is a ‘royal’ - but agree that your names are quite traditional ‘English’!
I wouldn’t go for [name]Oliver[/name] but that’s probably because I know loads of baby boys called that here, it’s so popular. But it is a great name!

Keeping with a two syllable theme, how about [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name]?

Unfortunately our last name is Took. So [name]Thomas[/name] Took is totally out…imagine [name]Tommy[/name] Took…Oh kill me now!!! :wink: :wink: And [name]Edward[/name] in my mind is still about 110years old :). I am a little worried about the popularity of [name]Oliver[/name]. But in Aus I think every second kid I meet is called [name]Harry[/name]. So I guess I shouldn’t have an issue with popularity…[name]Oliver[/name] though is not so popular where we live. Should add that the choosing of [name]Harry[/name] was all my husband. He always wanted a boy called [name]Harry[/name] so there was never even a discussion on a boys name!

Thanks for your thoughts :slight_smile:

While [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] are some of my favorite names, the first name I thought of with your sibset was [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Christine[/name]. [name]Alice[/name], [name]Harry[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] are a lovely sibset! As an alternative to [name]Lucy[/name] (to avoid the ending), what about [name]Louise[/name]? [name]Oliver[/name] works well with your sibset too. I love [name]Edward[/name] more, especially with the nn [name]Ned[/name], but if you’re not feeling it, what about [name]Philip[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], or [name]John[/name] ([name]Jack[/name])?

A very royal sounding sibset!

I wasn’t totally sold on [name]Imogen[/name] (though I think it’s nice), until you said [name]Immy[/name]. I am IN [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Immy[/name]! And it’s a nice spin on [name]Emma[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are lovely names as well :slight_smile:

arggghhhhhh!! A always told my husband this when he was SO set on [name]Harry[/name] after we had [name]Alice[/name]. But so be it. [name]Just[/name] think of me if the royal-bub-to-be is called [name]Alice[/name]. Devastation!!! hahahah!! :slight_smile:

Totally agree with you, casilayne! I do think that’s how my husband came up with it and the nn [name]Immy[/name]. A she was quite set on [name]Emma[/name] with nn [name]Emmie[/name] and I just was not keen on it. I grew up with may too many Emmas in the 70s & 80s. So it just has that “[name]Fiona[/name]” feel to me :wink: ;).