Patrick and Petra?

I love the name [name]Petra[/name], but older brother is [name]Patrick[/name]. Are these names to similar to work for siblings? I’d be happy using it as a middle name, but can’t think of any first names that go well with it. Any suggestions?

[name]Just[/name] for style reference, some names on our list are: [name]Anya[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Caitria[/name], [name]Iona[/name], [name]Riona[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Anwen[/name], Arwa, [name]Samara[/name].

I don’t think [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] is awful, but that may be due to my love for both names.

I adore [name]Petra[/name], so I want to tell you yes, but honestly, I do think they’re too close. They’re both two syllables, start with P, the first syllable ends in T, and the second starts with R. [name]Way[/name] too much in common.

Oh by the way, I think [name]Anwen[/name] [name]Petra[/name] sounds gorgeous!

I’m really agreeing with you, triceretops, at the moment. But I’d still really like to use the name. [name]Do[/name] you have any ideas for good first names to go with it?

I like [name]Anwen[/name] [name]Petra[/name] alot, but I’m not sure how it would go with our last name. We have a 2 syllable last name that begins with a W and ends with “ford” (like Westford or [name]Wilford[/name])

Any more suggestions, anyone? I really appreciate it!

I think [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] are way too close, sorry! The good news is that you have a gorgeous list of alternatives. [name]Petra[/name] is fun and spunky, but to be honest it’s not one of my favorites on your list.

I love [name]Anwen[/name], but I agree that it may not sound the best with your W- last name. Same with Arwa.

Many of your other names end with -a, so I’m not sure if [name]Petra[/name] is the absolute idea middle for them, but that’s also not a huge deal. I think the 3-syllable names that end in -a are better with [name]Petra[/name] ([name]Samara[/name] [name]Petra[/name], [name]Sofia[/name] [name]Petra[/name], and [name]Riona[/name] [name]Petra[/name] are especially nice), but I’m not sure if a 2-syllable one like [name]Anya[/name] [name]Petra[/name] has the best flow (too bad because I love [name]Anya[/name]!)

From your list, I think [name]Avalon[/name] sounds best with the mn [name]Petra[/name]. [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Petra[/name] is just lovely! Elowen [name]Petra[/name] would also be beautiful; there’s the W issue again, but I don’t think it’s as prominent since Elowen has 3 syllables.

[name]Hope[/name] that helped a little, good luck :slight_smile:

My daughter’s name is [name]Petra[/name] so that shows you my love for the name but yes, they are a little too close. In fact, I was a little dismayed when I realized that [name]Patrick[/name] was probably out for any potential sons I may have in the future b/c of the “matchiness” of the names.

[name]Petra[/name] is too similar to [name]Patrick[/name] so let’s see what names would work with [name]Petra[/name] in the middle spot. All the best.
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Rochelle[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Claudine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Averil[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Geraldine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Isis[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Justine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Petra[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Petra[/name]

I really like [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Petra[/name]

Hoodie, I do like [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Petra[/name] and Elowen is gorgeous! Hadn’t thought of that name before (also just noticed that one of the pp is named Elowen). Thank you for your input!

[name]Mischa[/name], thanks for all the suggestions! My favorite is [name]Aurelia[/name] - another beautiful name I hadn’t thought of. I also like [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name].