Patrick and Petra?

I love the name [name]Petra[/name], but older brothers are [name]Kaden[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name]. Are [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] too similar to work for siblings? I’d be happy using it as a middle name, but can’t think of any first names that go well with it. Any suggestions?

[name]Just[/name] for style reference, some names on our list are: [name]Anya[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Caitria[/name], [name]Iona[/name], [name]Riona[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Anwen[/name], Arwa, [name]Samara[/name].

I do think [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Petra[/name] are too close to use comfortably. If you do use it for a middle name, I’d try to find a first name that doesn’t end in “a” since two “a” ending names sound too rhymey to me. I do like [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Petra[/name], or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Petra[/name]. [name]Alcie[/name] is another Greek name that means “strong-willed” - I like the sound of [name]Alcie[/name] [name]Petra[/name], and [name]Kaden[/name], [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Alcie[/name] are a nice sibset. [name]Ashlin[/name] (traditionally spelled [name]Aisling[/name]) is another Celtic name to go with her big brothers, and works well with [name]Petra[/name]. [name]Alaine[/name] is a Gaelic name meaning “rock,” so you’d get the meaning of [name]Petra[/name].

Some of the other names on your list are beautiful and go very well with brothers [name]Kaden[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name] - I especially like [name]Caitria[/name], [name]Riona[/name] and [name]Iona[/name]. Although since [name]Kaden[/name] and [name]Caitria[/name] are also similar sounding (that “Ka” sound), [name]Riona[/name] or [name]Iona[/name] are my favorites. Middle name options for those that have the strong feel of [name]Petra[/name] to me would be [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Greer[/name], [name]Liv[/name], [name]Neve[/name] (or [name]Niamh[/name]), [name]Maren[/name], [name]Tamzin[/name], [name]Vianne[/name].

Thank you so much, [name]Kristin[/name], for your input! Right now we are definately favoring [name]Caitria[/name] and [name]Riona[/name]. We’ve also considered [name]Neve[/name] as a middle name. Still, I wish there was a name out there I could fall in love with that would fit with [name]Petra[/name]. [name]Avalon[/name] is pretty, but I don’t love it as much as I do the others. [name]Aisling[/name] sounds too much like [name]Ashley[/name] to me (which I would never consider because it’s a masculin name that got hijacked). We do like Celtic names, though, especially since that’s the unintentional “theme” the older two have established. Our top pick for a boy would be [name]Alasdair[/name].

Anyhow, thanks again.