Patriotic names?

I’m due on [name]July[/name] 3rd, and I am tossing around the idea of naming my baby something patriotic (I live in the U.S.). DH is in the military, so I definitely [name]DON[/name]'T want something too obvious, and military-ish (like [name]Gunner[/name] or [name]Sergeant[/name]). Can you think of any patriotic names that are more interesting then [name]John[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], etc?

[name]Julia[/name]- [name]July[/name]
[name]Liberty[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] - as in liberty bell
[name]Glory[/name]/[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]July[/name]
[name]Columbine[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Star[/name]
[name]Arlie[/name] (”eagle”)
[name]Vega[/name] (”swooping eagle”)
[name]Saoirse[/name] (SEER-sha, ”freedom”)
[name]Imelda[/name] (”entire battle”)
[name]Matilda[/name] (”strength in battle”)
[name]Eleanor[/name]

[name]Truman[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Justus[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Arnold[/name] (”eagle power”)
[name]Maverick[/name] (best as a middle name)
[name]Cadoc[/name] (”battle”)
[name]Caedmon[/name] (”battle”)
[name]Walter[/name] (”rule of the army”)
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]/Juilus - for [name]July[/name]

Hmmm,

[name]Patrick[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] (Or go full out [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Henry[/name])
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Francis[/name] ([name]Francis[/name] [name]Scott[/name] Key who wrote the star Spangled [name]Banner[/name] or [name]Francis[/name] [name]Marion[/name] “The Swamp [name]Fox[/name]”)
[name]Abraham[/name] (Or for that matter [name]Lincoln[/name])
[name]Ethan[/name] ([name]Allen[/name])

I think you could also go with City names or “Western” style names:
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]

Here are the links to a few blog posts you may want to read:

https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/05/22/memorial-day-names-shiloh-sheridan/
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/03/23/cowboy-cowgirl-names/
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/01/29/national-park-names/

[name]America[/name] (g)
[name]Unity[/name] (g)
[name]Thomas[/name] (b) -in honor of [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Jefferson[/name]
[name]Jefferson[/name] (b)- in honor of [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Jefferson[/name]
[name]George[/name] (b)- in honor of [name]George[/name] [name]Washington[/name]
[name]Washington[/name] (b)- in honor of [name]George[/name] [name]Washington[/name]

Thanks everyone! I’m not completely sold on the patriotic name thing yet, but dh really likes the idea. Some of the names that did stick out (in a good way) are [name]Truman[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], and [name]Abraham[/name]. [name]Truman[/name] might be a little much, considering we live in the birth place of [name]Harry[/name] S. [name]Truman[/name], and there are a ton of buildings around here named after him. On the other hand, we will probably have to move, so in the long run it’s not a big deal. I have a friend that named her little boy [name]Lincoln[/name], so that’s probably out. I really like [name]Abraham[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name]), but DH thinks it sounds a little “hillbilly”. Sigh…I’m glad we have until [name]July[/name] to make a decision…

Oh, I like [name]Grant[/name] too, but that’s the name of my boss…so that could be a little awkward…or a really good career move…hmmm