Paying tribute to parents, grandparents etc, help!

I think [name]Jolie[/name] is a great way of honouring [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Julie[/name]! I’m not sure about [name]Scott[/name] and [name]Derek[/name] but I’ll try…

[name]Derek[/name]:
[name]Richard[/name] (from the ‘rick’ sound)
[name]Waldo[/name] ([name]German[/name] like [name]Derek[/name] and has the same ‘rule’ meaning)
[name]Reed[/name] K. (letters in [name]Derek[/name], K can stand for anything)

[name]Scott[/name]:
Any one syllable Scottish name I think should do the trick.

The best I can do to combine [name]Derek[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] is [name]Reed[/name] [name]Knox[/name] or [name]Reed[/name] [name]Kyle[/name]. I know they’re not the best combos for flow but they have meaning:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I like the idea of merging [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Julie[/name] to make [name]Jolie[/name].
You could merge [name]Derek[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] to make Dott/[name]Dot[/name]. You could use [name]Dorothy[/name] or [name]Dorothea[/name] wher [name]Dot[/name] is a common nickname too.

I love the idea of merging grandparents’ names. I have a friend named [name]JoAnna[/name], after her two grandmothers, [name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]. I love [name]Jolie[/name]. Especially when the names can blend so well together, it’s a great way to honor more than one person at once.

[name]Jolie[/name] is pretty!

[name]Scott[/name] + [name]Derek[/name] =
[name]Dashiell[/name] (has the d and the s)
[name]Declan[/name] (has the d and the c and an e)
[name]Dominic[/name] (has the d and the c and an o)
[name]Donovan[/name] (has the d, and an o)
[name]Kent[/name] (has the k and the t)
[name]Theodore[/name] (has the t, e, r, and d.)

You could also combine [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Julie[/name] for a boy and make

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Julian[/name]

[name]Jolie[/name] is pretty!

[name]Scott[/name] + [name]Derek[/name] =
[name]Dashiell[/name] (has the d and the s)
[name]Declan[/name] (has the d and the c and an e)
[name]Dominic[/name] (has the d and the c and an o)
[name]Donovan[/name] (has the d, and an o)
[name]Kent[/name] (has the k and the t)
[name]Theodore[/name] (has the t, e, r, and d.)

You could also combine [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Julie[/name] for a boy and make

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Julian[/name][/quote]

This might be stupid, but how do you pronounce [name]Dashiell[/name]?

I love [name]Theodore[/name], will run it past the husband! :)[/quote]

[name]DASH[/name]-uhl, I think. Let’s see if anyone has another idea. I love [name]Theodore[/name], too. If I were going to have a baby, it would be on my very short list for boys.