Pemberley

I’m a [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] fan and somewhere, I can’t remember where, someone was asking about the name Pemberley. What do you think? Is it too far out there or just unique enough?

I don’t think it’s bad or too out there, just not my style. It reminds me of the children’s book Wemberley worries though.

Not my style, it feels like one of those names that’s a lot of common sounds smashed together.

I kind of like it. It has a nice literary vibe and the sounds are soft and gentle. I can imagine it fitting in with names like [name_f]Waverley[/name_f], Everely and [name_u]Emery[/name_u]. Not sure if I’d use it personally but it’s sweet

Too out there, and too masculine.

Sounds made-up, and a mouthful!

It’s not terrible…it sounds very high-end, aristocratic society. I don’t think I’d use it as a first name, there are so many other [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] names that would work better.

I think it would make a really cool middle but I kinda feel it for a boy as a middle.

Honestly it reminds me so much of Pride and Prejudice, I’d wonder why someone didn’t just use one of the other lovely names in the book instead of the name of a house.