Pen Name Opinions?

So I recently got some ideas for a pen name as I don’t feel comfortable with random strangers knowing my name and being able to search me up if I ever do publish a book.
But I’m not quite sold on any one name. I also want a middle name (preferably [name_u]Angel[/name_u] or something related to the name [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] as that is my mother’s middle and I want to honor her).
I’ve gotten names like [name_f]Journee[/name_f], [name_f]Jalisa[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] etc. I’m looking for a girl’s name (unisex name options are welcome if you have any) that preferably starts with the letter J as that’s what my real name starts with.
As for last names, I quite like [name_m]Adams[/name_m], [name_u]Collins[/name_u], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], and [name_m]Foster[/name_m] but that really depends on the first name.

I’m not sure which to use and which I shouldn’t use. Any negative or positive associations? Does one combo sound better than the other?

1 Like

Jordan [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_u]Jackie[/name_u] [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_u]Jaden[/name_u] [name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_u]Jayden[/name_u] [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_f]Angelique[/name_f]
I sort of prefer the [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] diminutive to be the whole last name. I looked it up, and [name_u]Angel[/name_u], [name_f]Angelina[/name_f], and [name_f]Angela[/name_f] are all real (but highly rare) last names. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is my favorite of the list. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks! This really does help! I might not use [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as that’s my cousin’s name but they are all so good!

1. Angelique [name_m]Rollins[/name_m]
  2. Samantha [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]
  3. Juliet [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
  4. Juliana [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
  5. A.J. [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
  6. A.J. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
  7. Angel J. [name_m]Foster[/name_m]
  8. Justine A. [name_m]Foster[/name_m]
1 Like

Jules [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] !

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Journee[/name_f] for your J ideas!
[name_m]Jacobi[/name_m] first came to mind when you said neutral J names and I think it works well with the surnames [name_m]Foster[/name_m] and [name_m]Lewis[/name_m].

Jacobi A. [name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacobi[/name_m] A. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]

Other J ideas:
[name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u] (but ofc theres the [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_u]Verne[/name_u] association lol), [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_m]Jove[/name_m], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_u]Jaeden[/name_u], [name_u]Jersey[/name_u], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_u]Jaylen[/name_u], [name_f]Janelle[/name_f], [name_f]Jeri[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like