Pen names?

Ok so I was thinking id probably like to use a pen name if I ever ([name_m]Skip[/name_m] foreword a few years) were to publish a book. The think is I have no ideas where to start. I’d like to have one because I think my name is bad, and also if ever was to marry so I didn’t have to change my pen name. So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give tips on how they decided and searched, and on why they chose to use a pen name (no need to say what it is if you don’t want to)

I have never made a pen name but have thought about it lol. [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] Plath used [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. Not sure why, but maybe because it’s very different from her name. You could always take the initials route like J.K. R.R. E.L. etc. Or you could switch up the letters of your first and last name to create a new one!

1 Like

Maybe use similar meanings for your real names or variations from different countries? [name_f]Irina[/name_f] is my real first name, but [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] and [name_u]Strong[/name_u] are kind of a play off of my middle and last names. ([name_u]Strong[/name_u] has the same meaning as my last name, and [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] is a variation of my mn). You might try something like that?

2 Likes