Penelope or Simone?

Hey guys! I am due with a baby girl at the end of [name_u]August[/name_u] and we are trying to decide between [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_u]Simone[/name_u] for our baby girl.

What kind of child do you picture with each name?
Which goes better with our sons, [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]?
I’m leaning towards [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but my husband is more in favor of [name_u]Simone[/name_u], thanks for any advice!

I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

[name_u]Bryce[/name_u], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

I much prefer [name_u]Simone[/name_u]! It’s much less trendy than [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. It has a very timeless image in my mind and I can see it working on any personality type.

I prefer [name_u]Simone[/name_u]. It feels far more timeless than [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], which is quite trendy at the moment and will likely feel dated down the road.

[name_u]Simone[/name_u] is lovely, unexpected, and goes brilliantly with your boys’ names.

Thank you all for the input! I had no idea [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] was so popular :frowning: [name_u]Simone[/name_u] is really pretty and works out great as a full name for [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], my husband’s nickname for her.

Both names are beautiful. If you pick [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], will you call her something shorter? Consider what nickname you might use, and if you like that as much as her full name.

I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with your sibset.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have her middle name picked out? The names combine beautifully!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! I prefer it 100 times over [name_u]Simone[/name_u]. It’s so sweet and elegant and goes so well with [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. I don’t really like the name [name_u]Simone[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a stand out

While, I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] generally. I think [name_u]Simone[/name_u] goes better with your sons’ names. As previous posters asked do you have middle names picked out? You mentioned a nickname for [name_u]Simone[/name_u], but not for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], do you plan on using one? That may affect how well the sibset works.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] would be beautiful as a combo. and then you could call her either!

Yes, [name_u]Simone[/name_u] will go by [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] most of the time. I think I prefer [name_u]Simone[/name_u] now for reasons of popularity and when I say them out loud. The middle name will most likel be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] after my sister. Thank you for all of the replies!