Penelope?!

Talk me in or out of it. Is it too Kardashian? Deciding between little [name_u]Penny[/name_u] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

I love it! I didn’t even think of the Kardashian’s until you mentioned it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] then, little [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] Disick (I think that’s her last name) can’t help who her family is. I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is just quirky enough to work for a toddler or child, edgy enough to be accepted by teenagers, and well-known and respected enough to work for an adult into retirement age. :slight_smile:

I love the name, mainly because of the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u] :slight_smile:

For some reason, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is the ultimate girly name to me. (I pass no judgment on that). But unlike others, I really dislike the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. [name_f]Nora[/name_f]/[name_f]Norah[/name_f] feels fairly popular in my area, which has put me off the name a bit.

I had no idea the name [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] had any association with the Kardashians, but I’m not necessarily the best barometer of pop cultural connections.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is excellent. I’ll agree with the comment that it feels ultimate-girly, it feels extremely feminine, but it has so many nn options that if it’s given to a tomboy, they’ll find a way around it. It feels like it works for the whole age range, a bub, a teen, a woman and an older lady. It also feels like it works for different professionalism levels, a lawer or doctor, as well as a hairdresser or florist…

I have this name on my long list as i love the names [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] seemed like a viable full name option for these NNs. I am not a fan of [name_u]Penny[/name_u], i think us berries can do better.