Penny? Any thoughts?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys! What do you guys think of the name [name_u]Penny[/name_u] for a girl? I really don’t know how I feel about, but maybe it could work? I think I would only use it as a middle name not as a first, but maybe Penny would be a nickname? Would you spell it [name_u]Penny[/name_u] or [name_f]Penni[/name_f] or a different way? I’m not a huge fan of Penelope so do you think Penny could stand on its own? But let me know what you guys think down below! Thank you much❤️

My friends named their daughter [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but she’s always called [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. It’s a cute name. If a longer name isn’t your thing, [name_u]Penny[/name_u] could easily work (I don’t think I had realized it was a nickname for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] til my friends used it this way).

Another name I’ve recently come to love is [name_u]Peri[/name_u] for a girl (this is the name of the actress who played [name_f]Roz[/name_f] on [name_m]Frasier[/name_m]). So cute and could make a good alternative to [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

1 Like

I find [name_u]Penny[/name_u] cute. I really like it. Prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u] (which is so normal :stuck_out_tongue:), but [name_u]Penny[/name_u] works too. I’d definitely spell it [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of [name_u]Peri[/name_u] till now, but I’m kind of loving it!! Ahhh it’s so cute❤️

1 Like

Good to know!!:heart:

Hi there.

Penny is so sweet. Friendly, charming, kind of sporty, simple, a little old fashioned…lots of great qualities. I do think that it’s better as a nn though. If you don’t like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], what about [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]? I personally find [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] more masculine, but I have seen it on girl lists. [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u] makes sense if that appeals to you. I also think other ‘P’ names like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] or [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u] wouldn’t be too much of a stretch. Especially if the mn is something like [name_u]Anne[/name_u]? I’m just spit-balling!

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Penny[/name_u]! It reminds me of the sweet little girl in Disney’s ‘The Rescuers’ movie. I don’t think it needs to be a nickname, and personally I would spell it [name_u]Penny[/name_u]- [name_f]Penni[/name_f] looks incomplete to me, especially if it were to be a full name.

1 Like

I think it can stand on its own

1 Like

I love [name_u]Penny[/name_u] as a full name! Super sweet!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Penny[/name_u] (this spelling) is adorable such a refreshing vintage choice. She fits in perfectly with all the vintage nickname names that are so well liked by people nowadays such as [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. But [name_u]Penny[/name_u] feels unexpected unlike [name_f]Evie[/name_f] she’s not commonly used which makes her feel so refreshing. [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is lovely!

1 Like

Penny is sweet and I’d spell it as such. [name_f]Penni[/name_f] looks incomplete

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate it, your always so helpful with your comments❤️

it can definately stand on its own! i have a younger cousin called penny (she’s 8) and it works

1 Like