Penny

Is [name]Penny[/name] ok as a first name? The little girl on Desperate Housewives is [name]Penny[/name] and so is the character on Big Bang [name]Theory[/name]. I also saw a little toddler on TV named [name]Penny[/name] and I just loved it. Me and my husband are really thinking of naming our little girl this. He is not a fan of [name]Penelope[/name]. I like to call me kids by there whole first name so I dont want to give her a name with a nn of [name]Penny[/name]. Anyone on here know a [name]Penny[/name]? We have about 6 weeks left to decide on a name.

I don’t know anyone named [name]Penny[/name], but I really love [name]Penny[/name] on its own too. Go with what you love! :smiley:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penny[/name] for a little girl. I think it stands fine on its own as a first name, and actually a friend of a friend of mine has a gorgeous toddler named [name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name]…(although I’m not a huge fan of two “word” names) [name]Do[/name] you have middles picked out?

I love [name]Penny[/name] as well. I’ve never been into [name]Penelope[/name] either and worried about using it as a full first name. After reading everyone’s posts, though, I’m starting to think it would be fine as a stand alone.

I think it really only works as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name]. The character on Big Bang [name]Theory[/name]'s full name is [name]Penelope[/name]. I like it though!

It’s also a character on the TV show LOST. My husband loves this name. We would use [name]Penelope[/name] though, nn [name]Penny[/name].

I really like [name]Penny[/name] and I definitely think it could work on it’s own. I think it’s simple and down to earth but still pretty and will suit a variety of people which I don’t think [name]Penelope[/name] does. I sometimes think that [name]Penelope[/name] sounds far too pretentious and over the top whereas [name]Penny[/name] is quite the opposite.
Also, for me, [name]Penny[/name] has the bonus of being in a couple of songs I really like - [name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name] by The Beatles and [name]Penny[/name] And Me Tonight by [name]Hanson[/name] (that song is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine :p)
I hope you use [name]Penny[/name] :slight_smile:
Best Wishes x

Hello, this is so weird I was looking at posting what people thought as [name]Penny[/name] as a name on it’s own. I have just over 1 week to go and my husband and I have a boys name picked but cannot agree on a girls. My other fave is [name]Eva[/name] however the popularity has put me off a bit and I love that [name]Penny[/name] does not appear in the top 100 for [name]Scotland[/name] last year (which is where we live).

Our surname is [name]Wilson[/name] and my mum’s name is [name]Mary[/name] and will be used as middle name, with that in mind please say which you think is best:

[name]Penny[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Wilson[/name] or [name]Eva[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]

Thanks

Thanks everyone! We dont have a middle picked out yet. My last name Fleck will be her 2nd middle name and my husbands last name Cronkhite will be the last name.
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Noa[/name] Fleck Cronkhite
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Alice[/name] Fleck Cronkhite ([name]Alice[/name] is my grandma’s and GGgrandmas middle name)
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Summer[/name] Fleck Cronkhite ([name]July[/name] baby)
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Luna[/name] Fleck Cronkhite
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Lux[/name] Fleck Cronkhite (husband likes the x names)
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Clio[/name] Fleck Cronkhite
[name]Penny[/name] [name]Jillian[/name] Fleck Cronkhite

[name]Just[/name] a few ideas I have. We arent really picky about flow. Middle names are hardly used. Definetly nothing that ends in a “y or ee” and nothing that is too long.
I am really excited about the name [name]Penny[/name] now becasue I have never met one myself!

I definitely think it can work as a stand alone name! It’s my mum’s cousins name (not short for anything) and she’s in her 40s now so it’s always seemed “normal” to me on it’s own.

With regards to your middle name choices, [name]Penny[/name] [name]Noa[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] [name]Luna[/name] both seem like too much “n” to me and I find them a little tongue-twistery to say.

I don’t like back to back 1 syllable names and so with Fleck as the second middle, [name]Lux[/name] would be out for me personally. I just think it sounds choppy and harsh.

[name]Penny[/name] [name]Jillian[/name] is very unexpected and has a great flow, love this one. I also love [name]Penny[/name] [name]Alice[/name] since [name]Alice[/name] is an absolute all time love of mine :slight_smile: And [name]Penny[/name] [name]Clio[/name] is so so adorable!! [name]Penny[/name] [name]Summer[/name] is nice too but doesn’t have the wow factor to me of [name]Jillian[/name]/[name]Alice[/name]/[name]Clio[/name].

So yes personally I like [name]Penny[/name] [name]Clio[/name], [name]Penny[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] [name]Jillian[/name] :slight_smile: