People names

I think I am different from most people as I don’t like it when “people names” are used for animals. Mostly because I don’t want to take people’s favorite names for a dog and mess up their choices. Does anyone think that too?

1 Like

I used to think like that, but now I wouldn’t mind at all meeting a dog with my name, because people do love their pets, so sharing a name with a furry member of a family? Well, it’s better than sharing my name with a criminal I guess.

On the other hand, my favourite names are my favourite for a reason, so if someone named their dogs the names I like, it wouldn’t change the reason why I love them. I mean, I think it’s better dogs with human names that human with dog names?

3 Likes

I like using my gp or more “outlandish” names for pets. [name_f]My[/name_f] dog is [name_f]Psyche[/name_f] and my cat is [name_m]Octavius[/name_m].
I doubt I’d be stealing anyone’s baby name with names like that so it works.

1 Like

Dittoed!

Nah! But maybe I say this because I’m not likely to have human children & I’m super duper in love w/my pets. :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :dog: But honestly, I didn’t use names on my list to name my pets. And it’s just because I named them when I met them. The names just jumped out at me for my girls (Amelia ‘Mia’ & Fiona). For my boy, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] ‘Ari’, it took a little more thought. But I never had [name_u]Ari[/name_u] on my human list. But I do love it.

I don’t think of it that way… unless it was my dog or my parents dog or something, I wouldn’t disregard it as a name option! My dog’s name is Ruby (she came with that name), and I don’t think that spoils my friends’ chances of naming their kids that… ?

I think keeping a dog’s name is good. Mine is named [name_f]Kimmy[/name_f] because we got her at age 6 and that was her name already.

I would avoid using a name for a pet if I already knew somebody close to me wanted to use it for a future child. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if it was the name of somebody I knew well. Other than that, I think human names on pets are cute! [name_m]Just[/name_m] because it’s used on a pet doesn’t make it any less of a human name.

I don’t think so! I chose Freddie for my dog, which was never on my list for people names but I absolutely love it and it fits him great. Plus, I don’t know anyone with the name Freddie in my country so i’ll doubt i’ll stealing someone else’s name.

I prefer to use Human names on pets, I do use names from the bottom of my list though, like I had a dog named [name_u]Duke[/name_u], and a cat named [name_f]Susy[/name_f]. now my 2 cats are [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] (girl) and [name_m]Luciano[/name_m] (boy).