Pepper's Middle Names...?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!

Here’s the scoop: If we have a girl (due in [name]January[/name] and keeping it a surprise) her name will be [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name], always going by [name]Pepper[/name]. I have never been a huge fan of [name]Penelope[/name], but my husband loves it so it worked as a nice compromise. BUT middle names are still an issue for me. Huz likes [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] bc E and S are both family names. To me it’s alright, but a mouthful!!! [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a MUST as she’d be 4th generation.

A while back when [name]Pepper[/name] was not yet set, the amazing [name]Lemon[/name] suggested [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Sophronia[/name] (which I still like a bit better than the sound of [name]Penelope[/name], but she just feels like a [name]Pepper[/name]). So drawing on that, what do you think about:

[name]Penelope[/name] Wilde [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

I still love [name]Sophronia[/name], but I’m not married to P.E.S… Thoughts?

xoxo [name]Sheridan[/name] :smiley:

[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name] is inspired! I agree that [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] is quite a mouthful. If Wilde is meaningful to you then I think [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde flows very nicely. Are there family names other than [name]Sophronia[/name] you would like to use?

This won’t be helpful, but I just love [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name]. :smiley:

Actually, I don’t think [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] is too bad!! It is long but flows really well and sounds gorgeous. I also like Wilde though, too.

Hey!

If I recall correctly, [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Sophronia[/name] was going to be [name]Birdie[/name], yes? [name]Will[/name] you be having future children, do you think? I know you can’t guarantee anything, but do you think that you want to save those names for a potential future [name]Birdie[/name], sister to [name]Pepper[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a thought, because that combination is inspired, if I must say so myself. :wink:

Anyway, if you do really want to use [name]Elizabeth[/name] for Miss [name]Pepper[/name], I think [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is perfect. Not, however, in love with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] - it’s a definite mouthful. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde would be my vote, as long as you don’t object to PEW initials. Church-y, huh? Ha! I really quite like [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde the more I think about it, but if you do want to lose [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] Wilde is nice, too.

Now, if we want to just keep [name]Elizabeth[/name] and ditch Wilde and [name]Sophronia[/name], I’m a big fan of PEP nicknames for little [name]Pepper[/name] - peppy, right? So, what could those be? [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Piper[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Paisley[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Plum[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Prairie[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Patience[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pauline[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Posy[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pilar[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Parker[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Peyton[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Poe[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Poet[/name]? I think that just about encompasses every style around, and I can’t quite remember what your son’s name is, but I put my favorites in bold. I’m starting to really like this idea…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde and all of [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestions for PEP initials! That is a great idea. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are my two favorites.

I also really like [name]Pepper[/name] as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name]!

Thank you for such good help everyone! Well, I am firmly set on [name]Elizabeth[/name] somewhere in the mix for daughter #1 as she’ll be a 4th generation. I also really feel that if it is a girl, she is a [name]Pepper[/name], so unfortunately [name]Birdie[/name] is out. And, as much as I love the idea of PEP initials, I just can’t get on board with any other P names…hmph.

As far as I can see these are my options:

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name]
  2. [name]Penelope[/name] Wilde [name]Elizabeth[/name]
  3. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde (I think of PEW as in pe-ewh…like this stinks…ha! Anyone else bothered by this??)
  4. [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Penelope[/name] (Is it too much of a stretch to call her [name]Pepper[/name] when [name]Penelope[/name] isn’t in the first name spot?)

What’s your vote? :smiley:

xx [name]Sheridan[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde, for sure! I don’t mind the PEW initials, especially since she’ll have another letter on there with your last name. It’s okay! It’s more Church-y than “PU!” to me!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

oh, don’t move [name]Penelope[/name] to the middle - I just love the creativity and spunk of [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name]. I like the flow of [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde but if the PEW initials is something you want to avoid, [name]Penelope[/name] Wilde [name]Elizabeth[/name] is good too. Or just [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

I feel certain it is going to take me until the due date to make a decision! Maybe it will be a boy then I’ll have nothing to worry about :wink:

I am going to create a poll on here just for good measure. Thanks for your help and suggestions, as always!

xo [name]Sheridan[/name]

Why not change [name]Sophronia[/name] to [name]Sophie[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name] in homage to [name]Sophronia[/name]. After two rather long first names, a shorter second middle name may be the way to go.