Percy

I have loved [name_u]Percy[/name_u] for a boy for the longest time, but lately I want to use it for a girl. I’m usually solidly against boys names on girls, but I feel like [name_u]Percy[/name_u] really works for either gender. What do you think?

I saw a [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] nn Persy/[name_u]Percy[/name_u] on a television show, once, but she was a Nazi spy who died rather violently, so that’s sort of tainted my image of the name. I personally prefer it on the gentlemen.

I would keep [name_u]Percy[/name_u] for a boy or… choose [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and give her [name_u]Percy[/name_u] as a nn.

I actually really like [name_u]Percy[/name_u] as a girl’s name. I think it would be an especially cute nickname for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. In my opinion, it’s sound would work nicely for either gender.

What [name_u]Misha[/name_u] said. [name_u]Percy[/name_u] by itself is all boy to me. I would go with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] or [name_f]Persis[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Percy[/name_u]. What about [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]?

I kind of like the idea of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] nn [name_u]Percy[/name_u]. I can also see it as a nn for Perenelle, [name_f]Perdita[/name_f], [name_f]Persis[/name_f], Perseda, or [name_f]Perla[/name_f]. But I don’t like it by itself on a girl–it feels a bit too trendy.

Oh no, not on a girl! I love [name_u]Percy[/name_u] (and [name_m]Percival[/name_m]/[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]/[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]) on a boy, but it doesn’t feel very feminine. As a nickname for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] I’d probably spell it Persey which somehow looks more feminine.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! SO doesn’t like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. I don’t know why, but he’s staunchly against [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and claims he always has been. [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] creeps me out. It feels haunted, but thank you for the suggestion. Geeknamezyo - So many beautiful suggestions! He’s thinking about [name_f]Perdita[/name_f]. Thank you all again!

[name_u]Percy[/name_u] is all boy for me.