Perfect amount of kids for you?

What would be the best number, gender combination, and age order/age difference for you?
For me:
I think id like either;
4 daughters (About a year or two between each)
3 daughters and a son (about a year or two between each)
I think id like 4 daughters most, but the odds are more against it :woman_shrugging: It kinda depends on my future husband too.

If you want you can also say what you’d call them, For Me:
4 daughters (Not necessarily in this order, because I cant decide which order)-
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_u]Rey[/name_u])
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f] [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u])
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f]/Va)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Jen[/name_f] (Sephie/Seph)

3 daughters and a son (Not necessarily in this order, because I cant decide which order):
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_u]Rey[/name_u])
[name_m]Cristopher[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Iorwerth[/name_m] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u])
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f]/Va)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Jen[/name_f] (Sephie/Seph)

4 Likes

My realistic ideal is 4, although I could go for more.
I’d want 2 of each gender. I’d prefer older boys, there’s a sort of protective element with older male siblings I appreciate. Would also prefer them to be about 2 years age difference between each. But in reality when it happens I’ll be super happy and blessed with whatever God grants me.
Names and age order for the hypothetical, though:

Roman [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

3 Likes

We’ve agreed on 2-3.
Ideally I’d have a girl, then a boy, then a girl. All with 2.5-3.5 years between them.
But if I was going to have more, I’d love a girl, then a boy, then a girl, then boy/girl twins.

Alice [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ([name_f]Alsie[/name_f])
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] ([name_m]Luke[/name_m])
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (E)

Then bonus twins of [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] ([name_m]Zac[/name_m]) and [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] ([name_f]Orlie[/name_f]).

Realistically, I don’t want three of the same gender. So if we had two girls or two boys we’d stop there.

2 Likes

I would love to have 3 (boy, girl, girl) preferably with there being only a 1 yr age gap between the two eldest and maybe 11yrs or so between the eldest boy and the youngest girl. There are too many names that I love but I think:

Grayson [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] ([name_u]Gray[/name_u])
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (Chlo)
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] ([name_f]Lo[/name_f])

2 Likes

I’d like an equal number of boys and girls, I think it’d be nice for each to have a brother and sister (although of course that might change), so I’d love to have four, all quite close in age. I’ve also always imagined having a girl first and a boy last for some reason, so my ideal sibset is:

Pandora [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f] [name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]

But it’s more likely I’ll just have two kids called [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] & [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], depending on circumstance (as I’d like to adopt plus I don’t know if I’ll have an S/O to consider).

5 Likes

I’d love four, but I think we’re almost certainly done at three :sob: We’ve had our three quite close together, and I’m pretty sure my husband is done!

I have G-B-G, so in an ideal world I’d add another boy to give us two of each. If I were to name him today, he’d be [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], with either [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_u]Florian[/name_u] or [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] in the middle.

In a fantasy world where money was no object and sibling rivalry was not a thing, I’d have six: GBGBGB

If I were to name the extra three today, I’d go with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Florian[/name_m], [name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] :blue_heart:

7 Likes

When the time comes, I’d love 3-4 kids! Either:

Boy: [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
Girl: [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
Girl: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]

Or

Boy: [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
Girl: [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
Girl: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
Boy: [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]

3 Likes

In my head, I think I’d love about 8 kids, but, if I’m being realistic, I know I really wouldn’t. I think 4 kids is pretty ideal, but I wouldn’t mind 5 or 6.

I’d love to have 4 girls, or 2 boys and 2 girls, to keep the numbers even. (I can’t imagine myself with 4 boys, though!) As I’m speculating, I think if I ended up with 3 girls and a boy, I’d probably try to have one more girl because even numbers are just better when it comes to girls (at least, in my experience).

1 Like

Id love 4 too, and id like 4 girls, and if I ended up with a boy too I’d have another, so I had 4 girls

1 Like

I’d like to adopt or foster… all genders! maybe two kids?

1 Like

I would like 2, with a 2-3 year age gap. Not bothered about gender. Whatever I get there will be names that I don’t get to use & I’ll be sad about that but it’s okay!

Current favourite names (pending SO’s approval)…
Girl & Boy: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u]/Casper
Girl & Girl: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] & [name_f]Clover[/name_f]/Eden
Boy & Boy: [name_m]Casper[/name_m] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u]/Adley

1 Like

I think I want three. A boy, a girl, then another boy. With about 3 years in between them.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_f]Orianna[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Gardner[/name_u]

I’d also like to potentially do foster care for older kids and teens. If I end up adopting and I’m able to financially, then I’d be fine with having a big family with lots of kids.

1 Like

In a perfect world I would want two or three girls and a boy (I want three altogether). I think having just one or two is more likely and in that event I would want them to be the same gender (both girls preferably, but thats because we can only really agree on one boy name we both adore).

Three girls and a boy - [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Silena Owl, [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Rahab[/name_f], & [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

Two girls and a boy - [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] Silena Owl, & [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

Two girls - [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] & [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] Silena Owl

Two boys - [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] & [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Psalm[/name_m]/Hezekiah [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m]/Anakin [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_u]Peace[/name_u]

1 Like

I’m not sure whether S/O and I have truly decided yet, but somewhere between 2-4 kids would be perfect. Since I have zero ideas for boys names I guess right now, I’d prefer all girls, just because then I know 100% they’d have names :stuck_out_tongue:

Not too sure about age differences - maybe 2-3 years between the eldest two, and another 2 years between the next two? If we have a fourth, I think I’d like them a little closer together, so maybe 18 months?

If we had 3 girls;

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] (e)
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
(#4 might be [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]? or [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]!)

2 Likes

I think for us it would be two kids. DD is 2 now and I think due to the travelling we are doing at the moment we’ll ideally put off having a second child for at least two more years if not three. [name_f]My[/name_f] hubby would love a son (cultural thing) I on the other hand if I had a choice would want a daughter.

2 Likes

I would love 4 kids with an even split between boys and girls. I would also be open to adopting 2 more at some point. Ideally I would want a girl, then a boy followed by boy/girl twins. I would want them fairly close together in age.

1 Like

I think for me perfect would be 4 kids (two of each gender) but i would like two boys and three girls
if i had to name them today they would be (in order)

Cato [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] (not sure about a middle name)
[name_f]Mallorie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

1 Like

In an ideal world, I would probably say four, somewhat close in age. However, I don’t know what the future will hold, so I would say that I would also love two if I felt four was irresponsible. I’ll just have to wait and see.
I would want an even mix of girls and boys and would name them (today, at least):

Ivy [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (these could be the two siblings)
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

1 Like

Two girls!

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is Be@trix H@zel June and I’d love another named [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f].

Right now I’d choose:
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

4 Likes

I’ve always dreamed of at least 5. lol. [name_f]My[/name_f] ideal birth order would be girl, girl, boy, girl, boy, although I love the idea of having a bunch of little girls at the end, too, so if I could manage it, I honestly wouldn’t mind about 8 kids: g, g, b, g, b, b, g, g or g, g, b, g, b, g, g, g.

If it was just five, I’m in love with the sibset of [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], but those aren’t honestly my favorite names for each gender, per se, so I’m not sure it’d actually happen. If I did have eight they’d probably be:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “[name_f]Bella[/name_f]”
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Dagny[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “[name_f]Eva[/name_f]”
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]” OR [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] OR [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] “[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]”

For today, anyway! :slight_smile:

3 Likes