Perfect amount of kids for you?

Like many others my ideal would be 4. We have a 3 year old son and a baby girl! So ideally I’ll want another boy and girl. We’ll see what happens tho, we may be done or we may have more.

My ideal sibset would be
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Lalo[/name_m]

To join
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

4 Likes

I’d like 3 or 4 kids, either 3 daughters or 3 daughters and a son. I’d prefer that the three girls come before the boy. So far we’re on the right track with a baby girl on the way! A year or two between them is preferable, maybe a bigger age gap between the youngest girl and the boy.

3 daughters (in this order):
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] ([name_f]Lottie[/name_f])
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] ([name_f]Mimi[/name_f])
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u] ([name_f]Theia[/name_f])

3 daughters and a son (in this order):
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] ([name_f]Lottie[/name_f])
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] ([name_f]Mimi[/name_f])
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u] ([name_f]Theia[/name_f])
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_u]West[/name_u] ([name_m]Brooks[/name_m])

1 Like

I’m not sure whether S/O and I have truly decided yet, but somewhere between 2-4 kids would be perfect. Since I have zero ideas for boys names I guess right now, I’d prefer all girls, just because then I know 100% they’d have names

2 Likes

I don’t think I actually want kids, but if in the future I changed my mind then I’d ideally have two girls with a 2-3 year age gap.

Right now I’d name them [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flossie[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] :heart:

2 Likes

I’d have another set of twins, either boy/girl or girl/girl.

Maybe:
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maribel[/name_f] or
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] or
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]

To join big brothers [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. :blush:

3 Likes

I would love 4 - although in practice that might be a nightmare! :joy:

Twins: [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
DD: [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
DS: [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

2 Likes

I always picture myself with 2 boys and a girl. Probably 2ish years between them and I always picture B-B-G.
But realistically I just want at least 1 healthy baby

Calvin [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_f]Elina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

I don’t know why but I’ve been wanting 3 girls since my teens. I think part of it stemmed from me wanting a little sister since preschool but never got one so it transitioned into a desire for daughters. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if I’ll ever find an SO who wants daughters or kids at all though.

It’s probably far from realistic but my ideal (or nightmarish) imaginary family would be 5 daughters (3 biological and 2 adopted) and 1 son. The adopted 2 would be the youngest. The older 4 would be G-G-G-B or G-G-B-G. They would all be about 2-3 years apart. I haven’t decided name combinations but you can see some of the names I like in my profile. It will probably depend on what my SO likes because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to decide. I would just randomly pick 2 names from my top 100 list if a kid suddenly came into my life and I would be happy with it.

1 Like

@Lucifer656 Haha it took awhile for me to find a good amount of boy names I like. I initially decided I would have a boy in my dream family because I figured my parents and future SO would want a boy so I was like “ok fine but just 1 boy!” Having a boy has since grown on me and I now happily include him in my dream family instead of begrdugingly. :joy: Btw, [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] is a GP of mine! :heart: TST ftw

1 Like

Ideal is having 3-4 kids like with three kids:
Girl- Girl - Boy. 6 years between the youngest and oldest and 2 years between the middle and oldest but then if i had 4 kids i would have to have it this way: Boy - Boy - Boy - Girl
[name_m]Just[/name_m] having 3 big brothers would add more protection for the girl and they would all be two years after eachother.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted a big family, so I’d love 3-5, but I’m most realistically only going to have 3.

I really want boys, so if I had 3 kids I’d want 2 boys and a girl. If I had 4 I wouldn’t mind 2 of each. If ended up having 5, then 3 boys would be ideal!

I like the age gaps between my own siblings and me (3 years & 5 years), so something similar to that scheme. With 5 though, it’d probably only be 2-3 years between each if I gave birth to all of them lol.

My top 5 names, 3 boys and 2 girls:
[name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u] [name_u]Aydan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Krystal[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] “[name_u]Tully[/name_u]”
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] “[name_f]Maddie[/name_f]”

I’d love a set of twins, and would most want [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] to be twins. I chose them as twin names when I first came up with them.

I’d give [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] double middles to match stylistically with [name_u]Sacha[/name_u], and also so I don’t lose out on 2 important honor names that are paired with different names on my long list.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted two children, probably because I was so happy being one of two growing up - I had a great relationship with my sister, but I never really wanted another sibling. A boy and a girl would be ideal, but I’d also be fine with two girls, with a 2-3 year gap between them. Right now, a boy and a girl would probably be [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and two girls would be [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] - I don’t know about middles.

2 Likes

I don’t have any children yet, and I’ve been set on two children for quite a while now, but my husband has been trying to bump that number up recently. I think I’d only consider more if we adopted, or if my first pregnancy happened to be twins (which would be very unlikely).

So in my ideal world, I would have two boys, or a boy and a girl. And I’d probably like an age gap of 2-3 years. Right now, I would name them [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]” & [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Max[/name_u]” or [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]” & [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] “[name_u]Romy[/name_u]”. But those names change frequently!

1 Like

Three kids would be ideal. Not worried about sex or gender. We’ve got one already, [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. If I had my way these would be the name options for any sibling (at present anyway):

Male:
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m] Terrestris/Bombus

Female:
[name_f]Merrin[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]

1 Like

No kids yet. I love the idea of a larger number of kids, maybe 4. But I don’t think that’s at all realistic for us in terms of our situation (mostly involving disability) and what kind of lifestyle we want (traveling, potentially living overseas) combined with our income. So we are planning on 2, spaced out at least 5 years. We also will be considering fostering and adoption when our two kids are older if our situation allows it.

I don’t care about gender and will be genuinely thrilled with whoever we end up with, but I would love to have a boy to name him [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].

2 Likes

I am 8 months pregnant with all girl quadruplets and I already have a four year old son named [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] which I had at 22. Now I am 26 and will have 5 kids. Not my goal but it is what it is.

4 Likes

Good luck!!!

1 Like

I want 3, ideally g b g. In a perfect world, I’d have…
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] [name_f]Jill[/name_f] Addiena
5 year gap
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] Carrow
2 or 3 year gap
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f]

But who knows what will happen, I’m not even in a relationship yet.

I want two kids, a girl first and then a boy.

Some names I like for them

Girl: [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Rosina[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f].
Boy: [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], [name_m]Alexandros[/name_m], [name_u]Aris[/name_u].

At the moment, I’m stuck between wanting two kids and four. Not sure why three doesn’t quite appeal to me lol, especially considering I’m one of 3. Oh well.

[name_u]Four[/name_u] sounds fun but I also want to be able to travel with my kids so two feels more realistic for that. Maybe I will just end up with three as a compromise! We shall see.

I’m way more comfortable with girls than boys so ideally I’d have all girls :slight_smile: .

Two girls:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

[name_u]Four[/name_u] girls:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_m]Heath[/name_m], and [name_u]Holland[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Maybe with a boy in there…
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_u]Storm[/name_u]

2 Likes