Period Berry: Questions and Support

I use [name_f]Flo[/name_f]! it’s pretty in-your-face feminine, unfortunately, but it does the job and its predictions are pretty accurate. there’s also lots of health tips relating to sex and relationships, which is helpful!

3 Likes

Oh wow I didn’t know I had this

Is it good?

yeah, it’s good! I like it. I’ve used it for 2 years now, and I’ve always liked it :))

2 Likes

[name_f]Flo[/name_f] is really good, I’ve used it for both tracking pregnancy and periods and it’s good for both. But, I have nearly clicked one of the ads when I open the app and bought the premium version a few times. They’re really sneaky with it!

3 Likes

I am on continuous hormonal birth control (under my doctor’s guidance) and I have not had a period in several years. I used to have painful, debilitating periods that made me miss school, so this medication has been a blessing for me.

Continuous use

[name_f]My[/name_f] medication is designed to be taken for most of the month, with a few days of placebo, during which you experience withdrawal bleeding that mimics a period. I skip the placebo and take the medication every day of the month, so I don’t experience any withdrawal bleeding.

According to my gynecologist, it is not necessary to take the placebo, and the reason it exists is because of a misconception about women’s health. However, the majority of people using this form of birth control take the placebo.

I know this is not an option for everyone, and I’m very lucky to experience no side effects from the medication, but reading about others’ pain and inconvenience with their period made me want to share my experience.

When I did have a period, I learned from my grandmother that placing the heating pad on your back was more helpful than placing it on your abdomen.

4 Likes

that is what i am experiencing at the moment, my last period was so dreadful, worse than it has ever been. in what form do you take the medication?

that is good to know also :yellow_heart: thank you

I use Clue! It works great and it’s free!

2 Likes

Lol I just use my calendar on my phone :joy:

1 Like

Several people have already mentioned it, but [name_f]Flo[/name_f] is really very good for period tracking.

1 Like

I just found this, and I love so much that this thread exists! :grin:

I use [name_u]Read[/name_u] Your Body, which is excellent, however it’s not free (although the cost only works out to something like 35 cents a week, I think).

I previously used Kindara, which does have a free version and is very good.

1 Like

So I have some thoughts and some questions:

1. Does anyone know any good ways to make wearing a pad less obvious? I always feel like people can tell when I’m on my period and it makes me anxious for some reason.

2. I did some calculations and I figured out that the chances are I will be on my period during sailing camp. Meaning that I will be wearing a bathing suit most of the time. Meaning that I will not be able to wear pads like normal. I have never tried tampons, but I only got my period last year. So. I figure I should try them before hand, but that still leaves me the problem of a) how to ask my mom to get them (note the fact, my family is not a particularly open family, period wise. I learned about them from books and my friends) and b) how to put it in. Any suggestions?

3. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a rant: Why must periods exist I hate them and they get in the wayyyyyy and they are uncomfortable.

And thanks for making this thread, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]!

3 Likes

@EllArePea

1. No one can tell. You think they can, but 99.9% of the time it’s just in your head.
  2. In case you didn’t see the advice I gave earlier: Use a mirror to see what’s going on down there. Try to relax, because it will go in easier. Make sure you put it up far enough (don’t worry, it won’t get lost!)
    As for asking your mom, maybe do it over text or leave her a not? That may be less intimidating.
4 Likes

Thank you!! And a note is a really good idea, I may try that.

1 Like
  1. not sure what kind you’re using but always infinity are like foam and way less likely to be visible IMO

2. this might be a hot take but I think applicatorless tampons are easier for beginners? If you can get some of those I would recommend that. I don’t think I ever asked my mom how to use them but there are like animated videos and also it just takes experience.

2 Likes

Yes. I have had it 3 times so far, one cycle was 85 days and the next was 21, but mine is extra irregular since I am new with it.

2 Likes

Does anyone else ever worry people can smell when your on your period? I always think people can smell the blood. I’m not sure if that’s me being paranoid because I can smell the blood or not, though?

[name_f]My[/name_f] period was irregular for about two years after I got it so that may be normal. IHDK.

1 Like

People say you can’t but I definitely can with some people :joy: