Period Berry: Questions and Support

I had one friend growing up who didn’t get her period until at least 16 years old. [name_f]My[/name_f] other friend and I, who had gotten ours much earlier, kept telling her she’s not missing out on anything. I’m sure there’s quite a range of what’s “normal”.

1 Like

I’m honestly not too sure, but if you’re worried maybe you should make an appointment to calm your nerves and just to make sure there isn’t anything wrong, but my mom didn’t get hers until she was 16, and she was a dancer too, so you might be right about that.

Has anyone else experienced dizziness when on your period? So, I started my period today and earlier today out of nowhere I just felt super tired (like tired to the point of ‘I’m not exaggerating I could literally take a nap’ lol), dizzy & kinda not social at all. It’s been a busy past few days and so that could explain the tiredness and I know that being extra tired while on your period is normal, the non social part could be mood swings, but the dizziness is what kinda freaked me out. But I can’t really explain the feeling it was just super weird. Anyway, I know I’m probably overthinking this but I just want to know if anyone else has felt this way while on their period?

Obviously I’m not an expert or anything, but I also experience mild nausea and dizziness while on my period. I think it could be related to the fact that you are losing blood, but I’m not really sure. I’ll let you know if I find anything out!

1 Like

i’ve been having that symptom today actually!! i believe that’s normal. i don’t know what causes it (it could have something to do with the loss of blood, like [name_f]Evie[/name_f] said), but you don’t have any reason to worry.

if it gets to an unbearable point (like passing out), then i’d go to a doctor. but you should be totally fine!!

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

And don’t worry if I fainted I would 100% go to the doctor!!!

1 Like

Yes, I do too. It’s normal. Your hormones are changing, and preparing for loss of blood / are loosing blood. I feel faint as well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] keep hydrated and get lots of rest— don’t do anything too strenuous or exerting.

@Emma_Elle111 Yes, that is completely normal. Most girls get their periods between the ages of 11-14, but some get their’s earlier and some get their’s later. I also think it could be related to your intensive dance & gymnastics training. Many female athletes don’t tend to get their periods until they are a bit of an older teenager.

However, it can possibly be related to inadequate health. You might want to check with your doctor to see if there isn’t anything wrong, like underlying disease or unbalanced hormones. Though, chances are, it’s just a matter of time :slight_smile: Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

I have really awful periods. They are extremely painful (sometimes I feel like I might pass out) and the bleeding is often really heavy. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum said it runs in the family but that’s not really an excuse :joy:. Periods are meant to come every 28 days, we’ll roughly anyway, but sometimes my body decides to add an extra one in there. So I will have one, 10 days later start, have 7 days actually bleeding, then another 10 days and start again. (I made that sound so complecated lol) Basically I will have a period every 28 days without fail but sometimes I have another one in between. I have to cut out bread and sometimes gluten in general because it makes my cramps worse. Using tampons also makes the bleeding heavier and cramps worse. I’m a swimmer as well so I often have to wear them. [name_m]Even[/name_m] when I’m not actually on my period I get really bad cramps.

So yeah, those girls that get 3 days of no pain and light bleeding once every 1 or 2 months, count yourself lucky :wink::joy:

1 Like

I feel like that a lot too, because I can smell it I feel like others can. However, when my friends are on theirs (we are very open :joy:) I can’t smell theirs so I think we’re good :+1::grin::joy:

1 Like

I’m sorry that’s been happening. Sending you lots of love.

2 Likes

I got mine at 15 and I’m a swimmer + dancer. Very normal for athletes to get it later!

1 Like

Ok, so my last period was super weird. I normally have extreme cramps, but I didn’t this time. That’s great in all, but my flow was SO heavy! Much heavier than normal. I usually bleed through a regular tampon in 3 hours at my heaviest, but this month I bled through one every. single. hour for two days. I also got way larger clots than usual. The whole experience was pretty traumatic and I’m still trying to figure out what the heck happened…

1 Like

oh that’s awful, i’m sorry! i think it’s normal for your flow to change, although i’m not sure what would cause it.

make sure you buy some super & super plus tampons!! that way you won’t have to change them as often.

1 Like

I finished my period about a week and a half ago but I’m getting cramps again they feel exactly like my period cramps. I’ve put in a pad but I’m not on my period. They’re quite painful. Is this normal.

1 Like

This isn’t my experience but my friend whenever she is going through lots of stress she gets really bad stomach aches she says it’s exactly like her period so maybe it’s because your stressed, hope this helps!

1 Like

I think that might be it. I’ve been super stressed the past week. Thank you [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

1 Like

I asked her what she does to help with the pain and she said she distracts herself as much as she can by doing stuff she likes for example going on a walk or playing with her pets. She also drinks lots of water and has a bath. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps and hopefully the pain goes away soon.

1 Like

Thank you [name_f]Emma[/name_f] I’m currently watching downton abbey so I think it’ll help and I’m covered in kittens.

3 Likes