Perrin as a girl's name

See the results of this poll: Perrin for a girl?

Respondents: 41 (This poll is closed)

• I love it! : 11 (27%)
  • It’s OK : 9 (22%)
  • Hate it!: 21 (51%)

I like it! I was almost named [name]Perrin[/name], so I think it’s been around for a while as a girls name.

[name]Perrin[/name] makes me think of “The Fall and Rise of [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Perrin[/name]” which featured an irritating British TV character. It’s certainly more feminine sounding than [name]Peregrine[/name] and you could use the nn [name]Peri[/name].

It’s not my usual style, but I kind of like it. It could be perceived as unisex so I’d go for a more feminine middle name, like [name]Perrin[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Perrin[/name] [name]Elise[/name].

I like Perren, a form of [name]Peter[/name], for a boy.

I actually love it! I have a friend with a daughter named [name]Perrin[/name] [name]Elyse[/name], so it seems very girly to me. It sounds and feels a bit similar to [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Karen[/name], albeit a bit more spunky, to me, so I think it totally works for a girl. I think [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Pippy[/name] would be a cute nn for it. Or even [name]Pepper[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name]…

Good luck!

Well, this is spooky… :eek:

[name]Perrin[/name] is a character from [name]Robert[/name] [name]Jordan[/name]'s 'Wheel of Time" series, so is all boy to me.