Perrin

I came across this name here on Nameberry and I’m really liking it for a boy, pronunciation “PAIR-in.”
Thoughts?

I think I like it! It’s a more modern, streamlined version of the somewhat stuffy [name]Peregrine[/name]. And the nn [name]Perry[/name] would be cute on a little boy.

It’s a form of [name]Peter[/name], right? I think that [name]Perrin[/name] is really handsome!

Would this be instead of one of the C names?

Take care! :slight_smile:

I’m more or less neutral, I agree it is reminiscent of [name]Peregrine[/name], but also of [name]Griffin[/name] with the added bonus of being more unexpected

I’m really liking it. I’ve also been liking [name]Peri[/name]/[name]Perry[/name] for a girl lately.

I knew a boy named [name]Perrin[/name] when I was growing up. His family said peh-rin more than pair-in; don’t know if this was regional. I always liked it though.

I still think [name]Perry[/name] is quite male, but I’m not used to [name]Perrin[/name], and would tentatively guess female.

I knew a girl names [name]Perrin[/name]… I can see it on a boy though.

I knew a man named [name]Perrin[/name]. He wore it well! I like the name.

My niece is reading The [name]Princess[/name] Diaries book series and one of [name]Mia[/name]'s friends has that name. [name]Perrin[/name] is a girl in the book.

I like it, though it’s not my favourite.

I like it! But I personally prefer [name]Peregrine[/name]. :slight_smile:

I know a $ year old british boy named [name]Perrin[/name] and i think it is very cute.

Sorry i meant 4 year old.

[name]Perrin[/name] is really cute. I couldn’t have it though as i already have a [name]Fintan[/name] and one of my naming rules is to not repeat sounds - ‘n’ ending in [name]Fintan[/name] and [name]Perrin[/name].

I like [name]Perry[/name] for a boy and [name]Peri[/name] ([name]Roz[/name] from [name]Frasier[/name] real name) but my hubby vetoed it!

[name]Jill[/name] ~
Nope, not replacing the C- name. [name]Just[/name] dreaming about names for the future. :slight_smile:

I love this name! I actually only see it for a boy.

I just saw this name recently (few days ago) on a poll here:

sounds like it isn’t quite as favored as [name]Hugo[/name] :slight_smile: