Perry/Perri/Peri/Pari for a girl WDYT?

What do you think of the name [name]Perry[/name] or any of if it’s spelling variations for a girl?

[name]Perry[/name] - English “pear tree” also found to mean “traveler wanderer”
[name]Peri[/name] - Greek; Hebrew; Persian “mountain dweller; fruit; fairy”
[name]Pari[/name] - Iranian/Persian “fairy”
[name]Perri[/name] - “wanderer” as a form of [name]Peregrine[/name] perhaps.
Or maybe as [name]Perrin[/name] a variation of [name]Peter[/name] “rock”

Any thoughts?

I prefer the spelling [name]Peri[/name] for a girl. The actress who played [name]Roz[/name] on [name]Frasier[/name] was [name]Peri[/name], I think, and I know a lovely 7 year old by that name. My last name is [name]Perry[/name]… it’s a good one. I’ve only seen it as a first name with the [name]Perry[/name] spelling for boys. There might be some pronunciation problems with the [name]Pari[/name] spelling.

I’m liking [name]Peri[/name] and [name]Pari[/name]; [name]Pari[/name] would be very cool if she became big into travel, she might really enjoy the associations with the city of lights!

I love [name]Peri[/name] for a girl! I adore the meanings, especially fairy :slight_smile:

good luck! :slight_smile:

This was on my list but hubby vetoed!!! :frowning:

I had it spelt as [name]Peri[/name] xx

While I like the idea of it, here are my main concerns:
a) the spelling [name]Pari[/name] looks like you accidentally left the s of off [name]Paris[/name].
b) to my ears, it almost sounds like you are saying [name]Paris[/name] in the French way. [name]Do[/name] you know what I mean? Like, “Pa-[name]Ree[/name]”. Does that make sense at all? Lol
c) the first thing that comes to mind is Dr. [name]Perry[/name] Cox from the show “Scrubs.” That’s probably just a personal thing though.

If you truly love the name, I’d go with the spelling [name]Perri[/name]. Although, I’m not the biggest fan of it.

This name is one of those new loves that I know I’ll never use. My husband doesn’t like it anyway. Personally I can totally see this on a girl and think I prefer the [name]Perri[/name] or [name]Peri[/name] spelling best. There is a thread on the name [name]Perrin[/name] and I’m really liking that name too for a boy or a girl.