Persia ?

Hey all !

I know i post a lot lately but i find a lot names that i really need your opinions on them :slight_smile:

So , what do you think of the name [name_u]Persia[/name_u] for a little girl ? Like or not ?
Nn will be [name_u]Percy[/name_u] if it need it .

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile:

I hear [name_u]Persia[/name_u], I think Iran. It doesn’t work for me. Does it have usage as an actual name?

Pretty much what I wanted to say. [name_u]Percy[/name_u] is lovely, though.

[name_u]Persia[/name_u] sounds quite trendy to me (in the vein of [name_u]Paris[/name_u], [name_u]London[/name_u], and all other place name names.) I wouldn’t use it.

Thanks guys . :slight_smile:

@renrose : I dont know if its usable . I definitly dont plann to use it but i kinda like it as a nn for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] . I didnt make the connection with Iran but now that you mention i dont know how i feel about it .
@polina : I agree about [name_u]Percy[/name_u] . I really like it as a nn .

Gosh-I am going to go against the grain and say it is lovely. I love [name_u]Percy[/name_u]-so cute! I would not use it personally but I would definitely comment positively (And mean it) if I met a wee [name_u]Persia[/name_u].

@oiseau : You post while i post it lol . Yhanks for your opinion :slight_smile: Maybe its consider trendy but its not populat so its still consider somewhat unexpected .

@ella17 : Thanksfor your opinion :slight_smile: Iam happy someone like it !

I do think [name_u]Persia[/name_u] sounds lovely, but I immediately think of Iran. If you have no association with Iran I think it’s a little strange.

An alternative may be [name_f]Persis[/name_f], Persida, [name_f]Tertia[/name_f] (TER-sha), [name_f]Marcia[/name_f] ([name_f]MAR[/name_f]-sha)?

[name_u]Persia[/name_u] is a place… I don’t think it works (even though some place names work).

I’d have to say no. I also think it could be a little culturally appropriative.

@adelina : thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
@freddiethepink : thanks for your opinion & suggestions. :slight_smile: I especially love [name_f]Persis[/name_f].

@waverly123 : thanks for replying :slight_smile:
@ribbons-and-soldiers : thanks for replying :slight_smile: Can you explain to me what it’s culturally appropriative?

Oh, thanks for the link @ribbons-and-soldiers!! I didnt know any of that! Thanks for the information.

You’re very welcome :wink: